Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-14-2015, 10:16 PM   #1
Wizard of Wires

Default Autistic child and family forced off plane

This is F-UP!!! If I'd been on that flight when it touched down I would have gotten off too. People are so intolerant of things they have no clue about. She had just a much right to be there as the other passengers. Crying babies are more annoying than this child.
Lord Jesus you give them eyes but they can not see. She's just a child. She didn't ask this to be put on her. Those around her should be more understanding.

And this idiot thinks she could have opened a door once in flight. The F-ing doors are pressure locked. King Kong would have a tough time getting a pressure locked door open.

What's wrong with people? No heart. No soul. If this is an example of humans, I weep for the species...

setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 11:23 PM   #2
Site Team

Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: Autistic child and family forced off plane

IMO, the mom created the situation threatening that her kid would start scratching (by her own quote):

Woman Claims She and Daughter With Autism Were Kicked Off United Airlines Flight - ABC News

If she wanted the "hot" first class food she should have paid for a first class ticket. I do typically side with parents here but she never should have threatened the scratching.

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 01:46 AM   #3
Fully Optimized

It's the mother that's the problem, not the girl.
Old 05-15-2015, 02:46 AM   #4
Fully Optimized

Wow, that really is pathetic. And to know that it was the mother that caused this... wow.
[Redacted]
Old 05-15-2015, 04:23 AM   #5
Fully Optimized

[Redacted]

As for the video, yeah, shocking, both my parents work with people who have learning disabilities and/or are on the autistic spectrum, so I'm quite aware of it. There's no way they could have opened the door in flight, the door has to pull inwards (as a safety precaution) before it will open, and there's no way you could do that when the cabin is pressurised at altitude.

i5 4210M || 500GB Samsung EVO 850 SSD || GeForce 825M || 16GB DDR3 RAM || Windows 10 x64
joedaman633 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 12:04 PM   #6
..m.0,0.m..
Site Team

Interestingly enough, on the same day that this middle class family who still made it home and will now make millions from simply having to get off a plane; 16,000 children died in Africa from starvation.

So what if they got kicked off a plane? I promise much worse things will happen to that girl than being asked to leave an airplane. I honestly find it quite disgusting that when people make choices (like the pilot), even if wrong yet cause no physical harm, we MURICA'Ns get a giant bleeding heart for the shear madness and injustice they had to suffer. Realistically, this woman is trying to capitalize on a daughter who knows no better and the attention granted by the media is just plain silly and unjust in itself. Where's the coverage of Syria? Iraq? Palestine? Ukraine? Uganda?
Old 05-15-2015, 08:00 PM   #7
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPwn View Post
Interestingly enough, on the same day that this middle class family who still made it home and will now make millions from simply having to get off a plane; 16,000 children died in Africa from starvation.

So what if they got kicked off a plane? I promise much worse things will happen to that girl than being asked to leave an airplane. I honestly find it quite disgusting that when people make choices (like the pilot), even if wrong yet cause no physical harm, we MURICA'Ns get a giant bleeding heart for the shear madness and injustice they had to suffer. Realistically, this woman is trying to capitalize on a daughter who knows no better and the attention granted by the media is just plain silly and unjust in itself. Where's the coverage of Syria? Iraq? Palestine? Ukraine? Uganda?

Good points. Still, its a huge injustice to the daughter. Do they really stand to make millions though?
Old 05-16-2015, 02:21 PM   #8
..m.0,0.m..
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draygoes View Post
Good points. Still, its a huge injustice to the daughter. Do they really stand to make millions though?
Any good lawyer will very easily land huge sums of money to pay for their "pain and suffering". The involvement of a child with a disability will melt the heart of just about any judge/jury. Yes, they will make millions from this if they pursue it.

Re: injustice to the child
Remember that she's autistic. Now, while all autistic people don't share the exact same challenges, many of them are very in tune with the emotional state of those closest to them, most much more than we think possible. Her mothers reaction probably caused her more stress than anything that happened on that plane.

I think the real crime here is on our society. That second video is the best evidence too. We are so afraid of anything that's not what we think should be normal and the first thing we start thinking is worst case scenario. "She could have opened a door!" Well we've already established that's simply impossible with the pressure variance. Also too, the 1-4 air marshals would've stopped her if she went "Crazy." That's the real injustice. Our society is becoming so fearfully ignorant of life that everyone is a "terrorist", even if they're nothing more than simple minded and misunderstood.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:56 PM   #9
Fully Optimized

Very good points. I have seen a little bit of all of that type of behaviour in schools as well. "Are you a loner? Your going to shoot everyone!" It is rather sick actually.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:11 AM   #10
Fully Optimized

It's the pilot's decision. If he is uncomfortable with the situation, he has every right to land.
He is in charge of transporting 170 people safely to their destination.