Australia's Internet Bungle

BK_123

Golden Master
Want a better insight of a terrible national broadband network being built that is using out of date 19th/20th century technology that is supposed to set us up for the 21st century then look no further. The original plan was to be an all fibre network but then a charge of Government in 2013 changed it all and started the biggest mess.

How Australia Bungled Its $36 Billion High-Speed Internet Rollout - NYTimes

New York Times skewers Australia's NBN as a ‘costly internet bungle' and a ‘cautionary tale' - News Corp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IinCSoYsCgk

Last edited:
Yeah may aswell be. The whole reason the NBNCo company was created by the government is because none of the big ISP's would make an open access wholesale network. The lead ISP Telstra which used to be government owned proposed an FTTN network on the condition that they didn't have to share with other ISP's but the government's competition and consumer regulator said no so Telstra abandoned it.

So pretty it's a big mess. You may know Rupert Murdoch well he is a big Liberal Party donor and he has influenced the change of the rollout once the Liberal government came in because he owned a cable tv network that half owns a cable/HFC network.

Obama tried making the US communist with his health crap. I'll be glad when that's gone and over with and I am not forced against my will to participate in it any longer. You can't even file taxes without a penalty if you aren't subscribed.

18425020_1937957306424673_7886735069497199740_n.jpg

NBNCo offers 5 speed tiers to ISP or as it calls them retailers. So you have 12/1, 25/5, 25/10, 50/20 & 100/40 which what we are on over FTTP so we got lucky. There is higher speed tiers offered by NBNCo but none of the ISP's/retailers have made them commercially available because of what's called the CVC charge where the ISP's/retailers have to pay a certain for every user it has for bandwidth at one of 100 or so points of connectivity around the country for ISP's to hook into the NBN network and that's what makes offering better speeds unviable.

This is an explanation of it NBN: Dimension-based CVC explained - jxeenoâ„¢ blog.

Back
Top Bottom