Australia Day 2007

JikuzeN

Daemon Poster
Should of told you guys earlier!, but it's Australia Day today, and damn it was one hella day!, just went out with family and friends, ate, watched the fireworks, which was awesome, we were so close to the fireworks, ashes started pouring down at us, and the wind was blowing our way, so the smoke engulfed us, the smoke was so thick, some people started to look worried haha, smelt disgusting, and we ended up missing a huge part of the fireworks. But yeah, the main highlight was the ending, where a F-111 flew over our heads, IT WAS SO LOW!, damn man, far out, it was like BF2 in reality!, it was also after burning too like in Bf2!!. Checked out the planes specs, and it seems like it can go twice the speed of sound!.

I regret not recording the F-111 :(

Wow, kool! Happy Australia day? :p I was at Austrailia at 2005 :p I was walking around with an England flag around me haha :D

the f-111 is a decent aircraft, and yeah it's pretty fast. But it's not something so great anymore, simply a crappy piece of metal for any kind of air-to-air combat. But as a bomber it does it's job well.

mammikoura said:
the f-111 is a decent aircraft, and yeah it's pretty fast. But it's not something so great anymore, simply a crappy piece of metal for any kind of air-to-air combat. But as a bomber it does it's job well.

Cool but an old and not too useful plane, didnt know anyone flew them.

I had a B-52 fly about 100 feet above my head before.

Yes, Austrailia is a great country, very nice people also. I've been there like 3 times and enjoyed every single time, excluding the journey of course :p

Meh, I never seen Australia, but I bet it was fun there. I'll content myself of going North of Quebec...

yeah, sounds cool...i bet they put on one hell of a show. Maybe one of you guy's can sqeeze off a couple of shots fo us.

When I was there in Sydney, they had all boats and stuff coming down and heaps of fireworks.. was a pretty good show. Cant remember anything else that happend though, was too long ago. :p

mammikoura said:
Trust you to put a damper on the guy, proudly enjoying his country's day, sure the triple 1 is old, but it was the best of the best in it's day, it was retired in 1998, I used to live about five miles from a USAF airforce base, with a squadron of 24, did I complain about the thunderous sound as flights of six screamed a hundred feet above my place, no, I didn't, I lost quite a lot of china over the two years the base was open while Ilived there, & had some cracks in the walls, but I didn't care, Australia had it's own variant, of which they were, & still are very proud of!

Back
Top Bottom