Audicity vs Garage Band (iLife 08)

niceties55

Daemon Poster
Which one of the 2 have the better:

1. Quality of Recording

2. Ease of use, I mean recording ease (not importing, I know garage band is not the best for file conversion)

Sound Quality is the main issue though!

Thanks a lot!

I've been able to do a lot of recording with Audacity and it sounds good. I guess it would just depend on what OS I was running. I messed around with Garage band on a mac mini the other day and it seemed confusing, but I am sure I could get used to it.

So, 1 vote for Audacity, I guess.

another vote for Audacity, it's a great recording program, has everything you need and as long as you're mic is good you'll get brilliant results

They're two different tools entirely.

GarageBand is essentially a MIDI synth with a load of different instruments built in, Audacity is an audio editor which lets you edit pre-existing files.

Audacity isn't very good, TBH. Even the open source community don't tend to like it that much.

They're two different tools entirely.

GarageBand is essentially a MIDI synth with a load of different instruments built in, Audacity is an audio editor which lets you edit pre-existing files.

Audacity isn't very good, TBH. Even the open source community don't tend to like it that much.

garageband does recording of live instruments too

Ah ok! So how do I use 2 USB Mics with Audacity? I know there is a way to do it with GarageBand

Back
Top Bottom