Attn Members: Passwords

Celegorm

Site Team
Staff member
For all of you who have pretty weak passwords, like "puppy" or "password" please go and change them now to something more secure.

We have had at least one known case of a hijacked account and I do not want any one else to get theirs hijacked. If you have any doubts that your password is secure, then it probably isn't.

Please do yourself the favor and go change your password now.

Usually having your account cracked on forums is because your a 'target' of someone. All the same, it would be safe to have a secure password.

Do not use any words that'd appear in a dictionary folks.. thats just not smart. And don't use popular combos like 111222333.

I'd recommend checking your password here, if your unsure:
http://www.microsoft.com/protect/yourself/password/checker.mspx

You do have a point about being a target, but I'd rather not assume that no-one else on here is not targeted.

Thanks for the link, that will help out a lot.

and try and use numbers as well as letters, and make it as long as possible ideally

I use symbols to sometimes if its alowed. I have the same password for pretty much everything.

im less worried about people online, im more worried about my siblings\friends. mine is 5 letters thats it and no one i know will ever be able to guess it

I use symbols to sometimes if its alowed. I have the same password for pretty much everything.
same, i think ive only got about 3 different passwords i use in total, depends what im doing as to what password i use

im less worried about people online, im more worried about my siblings\friends. mine is 5 letters thats it and no one i know will ever be able to guess it

Is it a name of a girl you like or something , i did that once but then my friend worked out and used it to access my school network but i didnt actually care
And i have a few different passwords i use , some are more secure than others

Back
Top Bottom