Attention friends

$200 AUD a month for internet only?

that's twice what I pay for TV, phone and internet, (where TV is fairly loaded, everything except premium film and sport) -but includes free downloads of series box sets etc... internet is 20mb and unlimited.

I'm in the UK.

the provider is Sky. (who are a reseller of easynet)
who in turn are the UK's biggest independent provider. after taking over sky, community internet and a bunch of other small regional suppliers.

I guess for once, the UK being such a small country geographically speaking works in our favour! I would never pay that much just for internet!

Come Monday I'm cancelling my cable because my bill made a big jump.
[...]

As a former manager at Qwest, I can tell you a few secrets.

First, as long as you're not a customer for 30 days, you're considered "new" to the ISP. I jump between cable and dsl each time the promotions end. You get new customer pricing and if you sound hesitant, you can usually squeeze a free month or two out of them. Promotions are up? Call the other company back until their promotions end. Don't sign any contracts for service and you'll pay a lot less over time.

Oh no, please don't leave! I can't live without you!

Okay, I know that sounded creepy, but you get the point :D

Seriously tho, I'm glad you got that sorted out. If I get my calculation right, the total amount you're having is $64 USD? What package do you get for that? I'm not familiar with cable connection since we don't have it here.

$200 AUD a month for internet only?

that's twice what I pay for TV, phone and internet, (where TV is fairly loaded, everything except premium film and sport) -but includes free downloads of series box sets etc... internet is 20mb and unlimited.

Well its not just internet, It also includes our home phone.

Oh no, please don't leave! I can't live without you!

Okay, I know that sounded creepy, but you get the point :D

Seriously tho, I'm glad you got that sorted out. If I get my calculation right, the total amount you're having is $64 USD? What package do you get for that? I'm not familiar with cable connection since we don't have it here.

It's $64 increase on my bill in two months. Total now $194. It's a 3-way package, TV-phone-internet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom