atm card

Ronco Rox

Fully Optimized
last year i opened a savings account at washington mutual and they sent me an ATM card a couple weeks later. now i'm wondering if i could use my atm card as if it were a credit card. not in the sense of me paying a bill later on but in the sense that it will directly take money out of my savings account at wamu.

i asked the tellar at the wamu bank and she said that yes it could be used in the same sense but when i googled if i can use it or not, a lot of them said that i needed an atm card with a visa or mastercard logo on it and mine doesn't. has anyone done this before or know what i'm talking about :D

From my experiences you need a check card with one of the logos for it to be used as a credit card. The ATM card is solely for the purpose of taking cash out of your bank account.

I don't know what it's like in the US, but in the UK, we have Maestro cards that allow the user to use the card at an ATM AND use the card as a debit card :D

It really depends on the bank. I can use my ATM card as a debit/credit card, but you should talk to your bank representative first to find out more.

^
saturday i went there to deposit my check and i asked the lady and she said yes i could use it but i didn't think she understood what i meant.

If it's just an ATM card, then no, you won't be able to use it as a credit card. It has to be a debit card, you usually have those with checking accounts and not with savings accounts, depending on the bank though, they might let you have a debit card with a savings account.

And it's true that it has to have a visa or mastercard logo on it for you to be able to use it as a credit or debit card. And there's usually a limit on the amount of money that you can withdraw with an ATM card, so watch that. I tried to withdraw more than my limit one time and the machine ate my card.

last year i opened a savings account at washington mutual and they sent me an ATM card a couple weeks later. now i'm wondering if i could use my atm card as if it were a credit card. not in the sense of me paying a bill later on but in the sense that it will directly take money out of my savings account at wamu.

i asked the tellar at the wamu bank and she said that yes it could be used in the same sense but when i googled if i can use it or not, a lot of them said that i needed an atm card with a visa or mastercard logo on it and mine doesn't. has anyone done this before or know what i'm talking about :D

just gotta be 16 to open a checking account with your parents signature and they will hook you up with a card with a visa logo on it.

Check with www.netspend.com It's a debit card you can load up from your bank or in cash at ACE check cashing shops. The Visa runs me 10 a month with no limit. The Master card is about 1.50 and up per transaction. Depends on where you use it.
But the ATM card is just that. A let me at my money card. Any body remember the old Tilly cards?

thats what i'm looking to do seti. i wanted to have like a controlled side account with a certain amount of money it, lets say like 150 dollars. this way if my account does can jacked they will only get 150 then my 800 something.

Back
Top Bottom