Arrrghhh Toothache!!!

mr.monger said:
heheh you have obviously not taken the best painkiller! either:

A) take some drugs of the illegal variety
B) get drunk
C) i think if you shoot your jaw off the toothache will go away....
STUPID ADVICE! , I know only too well how bad toothache can get, he just might take illegal drugs if he's that desperate. :mad:

I have an abcess and I have been prescribed antibiotics, and also super strong pain killers, spending most of my time a bit zoned out, but still haven't eaten anything in 48hrs, and can only sip warm water.

I hate toothaches.........

GlasseyeUK said:
I have an abcess and I have been prescribed antibiotics, and also super strong pain killers, spending most of my time a bit zoned out, but still haven't eaten anything in 48hrs, and can only sip warm water.

I hate toothaches.........
I have had several root abcesses, which is what you, cheer up! there is light at the end of the tunnel, continue the whole course of antibiotics, don't miss even one dose/tablet, your dentist or whoever is treating you, may prescribe a further course, when he/she is finally satisfied, that tooth will be removed, then, boy, the relief!
My dentist when he had extracted the tooth, showed me the abcess, it was like a little bag of jelly dangling on the root, not a pretty sight, but you'll be so happy, you won't care!! if they operate too early, the abcess can get left behind, & cause all sorts of problems.
My late brother was in the dental profession, I learnt a lot from him, hope all goes well.

Maurice

GlasseyeUK said:
Its 3:30am I can't sleep with the most god awful toothache, phoned the emergency dentist and its now closed and I have to wait till 9am to see if I can even arrange an appointment tomorrow morning..........

I hate the damn NHS at times
Be glad you've got an NHS dentist in your area, mine, on the Isle of Wight, is the only one on the island, & it's going to get worse, a majority of NHS dentists are refusing to sign the governments new charter for dentists, so it seems we'll have less than ever, island people are getting treatment in Holland as it is a lot cheaper than private treatment here, even with the cost of the trip.
See my other post.

All I have to say is to have some gel in a tube and freeze the pain area. Do it until tommorow or something.

lhuser said:
All I have to say is to have some gel in a tube and freeze the pain area. Do it until tommorow or something.
Yes, that might help, sounds like your dentist is going to give you another course, sometimes it takes three, I hope not, let me know how you get on. PM me if you like.

Man i hate tooth aches. My mom told me the worst pain shes ever felt was a really bad tooth ache, and shes had 3 kids!

Back
Top Bottom