ARRGHHH!!!! stuff won't work

jon the noob

In Runtime
Edit, One other question
I was goofing around and made an invisible folder (one with a blank icon and name)
I changed it back to have an icon, but i can not give it a name. It will not delete even with an app like forcedelete. Im going to try from safety mode soon, but is it possible that this empty folder is now part of a virus or something?

I was trying to change some IP stuff for something on vista so i click network and sharing center.. nothing happens

so i click control panel... nothing happens

i restarted my computer and no good

why are different programs not working? i know this is vague but its a starting point

when i try to open control panel , using various methods, the screen blinks but it does not load up
when i try network center nothing at all happens, as if the computer froze

Virus maybe?

I was thinking so..

I have windows defender, Norton Internet Security(been meaning to get avg again) and Ad Aware. they always come up empty

i'll go get avg and see if anything comes up

Edit: AVG had only gone through 2k files and already 2 viruses. F%&$windows virus protection

I hope when its done and they're quarantined this problem will be fixed

Jon, I got this COMODO "security center" and it's pretty good. It's free and has daily updates. The only bad thing about it, is that it pops up a box everytime you do something asking you if you want to allow/block the action. But you can turn this off. If you wanna check it out go here

Windows offers virus protection now??

That's a new one on me, what's it called? where does it reside?? which version of Windows has it???

Yes, it's called Windows Live One-care. It's a piece of crap. You are better off not having an anti-virus. It is not standard in any version yet.

Oh One Care, lol, read plenty of horror stories about that, apparently it deletes all kinds of critical stuff if you're not careful.

Sounds like a barge pole product, wouldn't touch it with one

:D

Back
Top Bottom