Army raises enlistment age

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually a bunch of army reserve members are being called..in my school alone i think 3 teachers have been called and my neighbor has been called...i know that doesnt seem like a bunch but i've heard about many others being activated

luckyduck said:
actually a bunch of army reserve members are being called..in my school alone i think 3 teachers have been called and my neighbor has been called...i know that doesnt seem like a bunch but i've heard about many others being activated

Fallacy of small statistics. Most people in Iraq are either Army Active or National Guard. Also the media tends to blow something else out of proportion.. Army Active Duty forces have got a larger then expected amount of recruits... so they have been able to cover any shortfalls in the national guard.

As long as there isn't a draft, I do not care for the enlistment age. I would start a riot before I would be forced to go and kill people. (Yes, I do take into account that during a draft, some people are allowed to do civil work, but nontheless). As long as I'm not forced to go into the army, I am not very concerned about these matters.

You know giancarlo, 15,000 reserve's is not that small of a number....

NO there won't be a draft. I do not buy into those lies spread by certain organizations out there, including moveon. Be careful people. You can get a wave of disinformation from these people. There isn't going to be a draft. Moveon claimed Bush was going to instate the draft right after he was re-elected.. never did happen.

Like I said, I don't believe there is going to be a draft. I'm just saying that in the future, if there was.

rakedog said:
Like I said, I don't believe there is going to be a draft. I'm just saying that in the future, if there was.

Just for a little information... as to what is new.. the Army is introducing the XM-8 Rifle. This will reduce the amount of men needed per unit. Will improve individual firepower.

Oh man, that rifle should be sweet.. wonder how long it will take to distribute it though the army.. but man, think about what it could do in CS:S.... :)

rakedog said:
Oh man, that rifle should be sweet.. wonder how long it will take to distribute it though the army.. but man, think about what it could do in CS:S.... :)

http://www.military.com/NewContent/0,13190,Gear_051104_XM8,00.html

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ground/m8-oicw.htm

"The XM8 Future Combat Rifle is intended to replace existing M4 Carbines and select 5.56mm x45 weapons in the US Army arsenal beginning as early as the fourth quarter of FY05.

In October 2002 ATK (Alliant Techsystems) was awarded a $5 million contract modification from the U.S. Army Armament Research, Development, and Engineering Center (ARDEC), Picatinny, N.J., to develop the new XM8 Lightweight Assault Rifle. ATK Integrated Defense, Plymouth, Minn., and teammate Heckler and Koch, Oberndorf, Germany, will support the rapid development program, which will investigate the potential of the XM8 as the lightweight assault rifle for the Army's Objective Force."

Fourth Quarter of this YEAR!

I wouldn't like to be those stupid iraqi insurgents.

Giancarlo said:
We can't just sit in an arm chair pushing buttons to let missiles (tomahawks) fly to different places in the world. We have to take an active role.
I have to agree with Gian. Having served in the Navy under special ops, I can atest to the ground troops having a major impact on the outcome of a battle. Smart bombs and cruise missles are pretty amazing devices, but will never replace the man on the ground. Let's see a machine make a split second desition in a constantly fluid enviroment.
I was drafted right out of high school. I did not flee to Canada or burn my draft card. Instead I understood that the freedoms I enjoy have a price. I served for 6 years.

setishock said:
I have to agree with Gian. Having served in the Navy under special ops, I can atest to the ground troops having a major impact on the outcome of a battle. Smart bombs and cruise missles are pretty amazing devices, but will never replace the man on the ground. Let's see a machine make a split second desition in a constantly fluid enviroment.
I was drafted right out of high school. I did not flee to Canada or burn my draft card. Instead I understood that the freedoms I enjoy have a price. I served for 6 years.

See we do agree on something.. :) That's good...

Yeah my uncle was similiar to you once he left high school.. he ended up in two years in Vietnam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom