Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-22-2005, 09:34 PM   #21
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Army raises enlistment age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefforaby
Just to let you know, Army Reserve is part of the Army. How is the title misleading?!?! Look at the links I gave you... Almost every single one says "Army raises enlistment age."
Now you are acting stupid, and I caught you in several lies. Okay.. first off, the Army Reserve is not part of the Army Active Duty. The Army Reserve has not been called up in great amounts to serve in Iraq, in fact very minimally. The National Guard has been called up moreso, and has performed very well.
__________________

Giancarlo is offline  
Old 03-22-2005, 09:35 PM   #22
Fully Optimized
 
airiox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,692
Default Re: Army raises enlistment age

maybe i should join the reserve it wouldnt be so bad.
__________________

__________________
Check out my Counter Strike:Source servers:
***THE DYNASTY***: 74.52.232.130:27015
*** GUNGAME ***: 74.52.232.131:27015
*** SOCCER ***: 74.52.232.133:27015
airiox is offline  
Old 03-22-2005, 09:37 PM   #23
Fully Optimized
 
jack22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,124
Default Re: Army raises enlistment age

WW2, hmm did we need to be there? HEll yes. Should people still have the right to choose wether they want to risk their life? Yes.
__________________
Because of popular demand, the great almighty sig has been changed.



............cxxxxxxc|)::::::::::::> ................
jack22 is offline  
Old 03-22-2005, 09:38 PM   #24
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Army raises enlistment age

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack22
WW2, hmm did we need to be there? HEll yes. Should people still have the right to choose wether they want to risk their life? Yes.
Not in a time of national peril and national duty. Most people serving in WW2 were volunteers, but when troop shortages were an issue, they had to call people up by conscription.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 03-22-2005, 09:38 PM   #25
Fully Optimized
 
jack22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,124
Default Re: Army raises enlistment age

Our country was not being attacked like 9/11
__________________
Because of popular demand, the great almighty sig has been changed.



............cxxxxxxc|)::::::::::::> ................
jack22 is offline  
Old 03-22-2005, 09:39 PM   #26
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Army raises enlistment age

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack22
Our country was not being attacked like 9/11
December 7th, 1941.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 03-22-2005, 09:56 PM   #27
Daemon Poster
 
Jefforaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,262
Default Re: Army raises enlistment age

Yea...
Pearl Harbor "a day of infamy"

Gian, about 45% of the 149,000 U.S. forces in Iraq are reservists. - Pentagon
__________________
---J
-------E
-----------F
---------------F
Jefforaby is offline  
Old 03-22-2005, 09:57 PM   #28
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Army raises enlistment age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefforaby
Yea...
Pearl Harbor "a day of infamy"

Gian, about 45% of the 149,000 U.S. forces in Iraq are reservists. - Pentagon
No. That's an exaggeration and a lie. The Pentagon also never said that.

I'm calling you up on numerous lies on this forum... so please spare us.
Giancarlo is offline  
Old 03-22-2005, 10:02 PM   #29
Daemon Poster
 
Jefforaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,262
Default Re: Army raises enlistment age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giancarlo
No. That's an exaggeration and a lie. The Pentagon also never said that.

I'm calling you up on numerous lies on this forum... so please spare us.
Gian, look at the links I posted... cnn and usa today.....you're wrong, once again.
__________________
---J
-------E
-----------F
---------------F
Jefforaby is offline  
Old 03-22-2005, 10:03 PM   #30
BSOD
 
Giancarlo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 4,788
Send a message via AIM to Giancarlo
Default Re: Army raises enlistment age

I'm not wrong. In fact you are horrifically wrong, and you almost always are. You never get around to stating the whole truth. God damn it. A majority of troops in Iraq are active duty and national guard, not reservists. What's wrong with you? You don't think we have enough active duty for Iraq? We most certainly do! More then enough!

Your links are shit because they don't say anything about what percentage of troops in Iraq are reservists. The Pentagon corrected itself recently when there were percentages released, and it was showed only 10-15% of troops in Iraq are reservist.
__________________

Giancarlo is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0