Anyone know anything about Skis?

superman22x

Golden Master
I'm thinking about picking up a set of downhill skis. Not sure where to shop for them, or the best season really. From my research, it looks like about a 170 length ski is good for my height, 6' 3". What else should I know if any of you guys are skiers?

I used to be a skier when I was growing up and have mannaged to get to the intermediate level. From my experiences, i can offer the following tips:

1. if you are not looking to go extremely fast, the wider skis will do good for you. However, the skis that are more narrow make it easier for you to make turns.
2. Everytime you are done with a skiing trip, it is important that you get all of your skiing equipment professionally serviced. This enables your equipment to stay in good shape.
3. Make sure you have poles with you. The skinny kind are best.

I hope that this helps. Have a good trip and have lots of fun. I'd love to find the time to go skiing again.

I do a lot of cross country skiing, so I know how to ski fairly well. And the ski hill is free at my school and only a mile away, so I can go all the time, not to mention winter lasts from october til april or may on a normal year(not this year, only got 120 inches or so...). So I won't be able to get them serviced too often, once a year probably is all I can afford.

Back
Top Bottom