Anyone here like sparkler bombs?

StratosP

Fully Optimized
This weekend I want to make sparkler bombs; using two lids, powder from sparklers etc..

It's the first time I am doing it, and I'm really excited, but do you think I would start a fire since there's a lot of grass in my area?

Any tips on making/safety of sparkler bombs?
Oh and because it's in the title I just have to make a poll for fun; do you like sparkler bombs?

ummm...

how about this suggestion...

don't make bombs.

also don't discuss making bombs online. -very silly idea.

Its not really a bomb....

Yeah! They are soooooo fun! :D

The last one I made was of 800 sparklers with an inch of duct tape around it, completely sealed. We put it in my friend's old doghouse and blew the thing to Timbuktu! lol

ummm...

how about this suggestion...

don't make bombs.

also don't discuss making bombs online. -very silly idea.

There not really bombs =]

Its not really a bomb....

Yeah! They are soooooo fun! :D

The last one I made was of 800 sparklers with an inch of duct tape around it, completely sealed. We put it in my friend's old doghouse and blew the thing to Timbuktu! lol

Haha nice, but didn't anything catch on fire, I have a feeling mine will lol

that sounds cool but also something I would have done when I was 13 years old.

you put any pyrotechnic material into a confined space and it's a bomb.

yeah... the rapid expansion of gasses in a confined space cause the thing to be blown to Timbuktu...

that's a bomb, that's the whole principal of a bomb and you can do this with practically any materials that are combustible...

sparklers dust/fireworks/model rocket fuel/black powder/nitrocellulose/match heads (red or black).

when they make sparklers they dip a rod in potassium nitrate and a metal dust, (iron fillings make bright yellow, copper makes green aluminium makes white).

anyway, potassium nitrate is a very potent oxidizer, in fact it's a key component of gun powder, (black powder). the only other components being charcoal and sulphur.

when you grind the sparkler down and encase it in an airtight container and then blow it up you're making a bomb. just the same as if you cracked open a shit load of bullets took out the powder and made a bomb.

actually...

nut's to it, go ahead...
it'll be even better if you keep hold of it when you set light to it.

Sounds interesting! Can someone post a guide on how to do this,mainly the fuse section,How would you light it?

for the fuse use a piece of string dowsed in petrol that goes to the centre.

for electric fuses use model rocket lighters.

if you're feeling really creative try disolving some of the sparker dust in sulphuric acid (get from car bettery) and dip string into it, let the acid evaporate and you'll have some real potassium nitrate infused fuse material. (we call this gun cotton or nitrocellulose).

(I wonder how many of you will die trying this stupidity).

I can see it now:

New York Times: Two teenagers blown to Timbuktu while trying to recreate the explosion of Chernobyl.

Sounds interesting! Can someone post a guide on how to do this,mainly the fuse section,How would you light it?

Root is being way too complicated with this. Just leave one sparkler sticking out and it will give you a good long fuse to get away....

Back
Top Bottom