Anyone ever had to have a TV (or other electronic item) repaired?

Yeah, I'm hoping it can be fixed, but I'm not sure. All I know is that it better not have to be shipped off to some place far away, cuz I'm not prepared to pay for transport. I'll just keep it as is....it's only really distinguishable on very black/dark scenes. But, I figured I would see what the technician(s) says since I don't want the problem to worsen for my parents while I'm at college next year and such...

Yeah, I'm hoping it can be fixed, but I'm not sure. All I know is that it better not have to be shipped off to some place far away, cuz I'm not prepared to pay for transport. I'll just keep it as is....it's only really distinguishable on very black/dark scenes. But, I figured I would see what the technician(s) says since I don't want the problem to worsen for my parents while I'm at college next year and such...

Would warranty cover shipping?
Also with warranty could you just bring it back to the store for exchange?

They can replace parts if it's cost effective to them. But most of the time on flats and large tube TV's it's cheaper in time and materials and PR to just replace it.

They can replace parts if it's cost effective to them. But most of the time on flats and large tube TV's it's cheaper in time and materials and PR to just replace it.

Yeah, but since it's actually the screen on this one, they will probably have a ton of old screens from returns with electronic problems, where they can switch it out easily.

This what I'm thinking. Because I know they sent me the email confirming the repair order, and the dealer/repair shop is from a very small town about an hour from where I live. It's not in a big town with competition or anything, so my thinking is he is probably pretty spendy to pay for repair (by Samsung), so I wouldn't be surprised if I get a new TV. Maybe they'll give me a 1080p :D ...it's hard to find a lot of 720s anymore...and 1080s have really come down in price.

This what I'm thinking. Because I know they sent me the email confirming the repair order, and the dealer/repair shop is from a very small town about an hour from where I live. It's not in a big town with competition or anything, so my thinking is he is probably pretty spendy to pay for repair (by Samsung), so I wouldn't be surprised if I get a new TV. Maybe they'll give me a 1080p :D ...it's hard to find a lot of 720s anymore...and 1080s have really come down in price.

I doubt that they would send a 1080. Samsung is one of the few that still manufactures 720p TV's. Plus they keep their old models forever. I bought a samsung CD-RW drive that was out of production for 2 years. 4 years later, it broke. 5 year warranty.. I had a new one within a week...

I haven't really had a lot of bad luck with electronics to be honest. I've had a few things that have gone bad (computer parts for example), and my Xbox 360 twice, of course.

I'm still paying for the TV in the living room, even though I'm not 100% happy with it now. The price I bought mine for a year or so back, would have got me a much bigger, and a full HD screen now, so I'd definietly send that thing off for repairs.

Computer parts I don't tend to bother sending back though, as they'll find something to void the warranty. I.e, the power supply that blew on me, was a bit dusty to be honest...
The hard drive is still under warranty, but theres no real point doing that now either.

I have sent off my Sega Dreamcast too once, a while back now. We got a 5 year guarantee, and where we got it from (won't disclose), they started laughing at us because the guarantee was about to run out, and the Dreamcast had long been dead to Sega, and they didn't think we'd be able to find the receipt, from that long ago.

Well, guess what? we did! That took the smile from their faces, and they had to send it off for repairs.

Its still working now :)

Most companies will try and say that a bleed of some sort is caused by preasure eg. you dropping it etc and will try and fob you off

Ive been quite lucky in the number of defective products ive had which has been very little . However i will tell you one thing when you do have a defective product the seller will try and do anything to get out of their obligation

Ive had shops tell me you cant get a replacement without a recipt
Shops tell me i should send it back to the manufacturer
shops tell me in the first 6months after buying that they wont process a replacement because ive caused the damage but not provide any evidence to back them selves up
Shops tell me that they dont offer returns on faulty products

Back
Top Bottom