Anybody out there?

I don't think that's something to worry about. Not everyone has to know everything. The same way you may know nothing about thermodynamic cycles, triglycerides or psychoanalysis, your neighbour has the right to know nothing about networking.

Edit: unless I have a website bookmarked, I will always use a search engine to find stuff. Look out. Like in my case, it could be a sign of paranoia, not ignorance! [emoji14]

Yeah I get that, but it's got to the point where people are googling ‘Facebook', pressing search and then clicking through to facebook.com. Rather than just type the url into the browser address bar!

Those that type "Facebook" into the search box may end up getting the wrong website without knowing it. My sister once Googled "Dell" for support for her computer and ended up going to a non-Dell site where they charged her for support she should have gotten for free. She didn't know an better.

I always use the search engine because I can never remember the TLD.

Even when looking for known sites, how am I supposed to know if it's wikipedia.com or wikipedia.org?

Since Dell was mentioned, Xiaomi is a company with a website you can't guess. Its website is mi.com. The website I use to upload images is called Postimage.org, and the URL is Postimages.org.

Anyways, as a way to make sure you can always check the Wikipedia page.

IMG_20180904_091047.jpg

Yeah I get that, but it's got to the point where people are googling ‘Facebook', pressing search and then clicking through to facebook.com. Rather than just type the url into the browser address bar!

Who gives a shit? Why would you type the whole address when you can get there quicker by searching and clicking?

I know how you feel. Most of the other forums I visit have ended up dead as well. I'm a really big fan of the Resident Evil games, and I try not to be biased. I know they've gone downhill, but I know a lot of other fans still enjoy them and even like the new ones a lot. I don't see why, personally, but I mean, people can buy what they want and that's their own choice. But I think Facebook and Twitter killed forums. This, and time, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom