Any of you guys X-Men fans?

Thelis

Golden Master
I would love to read all of the comics, but I have no idea where to start. It seems like there are a million editions and I'm really lost.

Can someone tell me definitively which comic book I read first and where I go from there?

Thank you.

I like xmen but the tv series. I say start with xmen then xmen evolution then wolverine and the xmen if you wanna watch the series in that order.

Not a big fan of watching things until I've actually read them in print version first.

I collect comics and I am in the same predicament as you are. It is very hard to get into any series if you miss too many issues and just try to jump in on issue #30 (or worse, issue #425!). If you try to collect the back issues it just gets too expensive. With that being said X-Men, along with most superheros needs to be started at the beginning for you to fully understand what's going on. Every once and awhile the publishers start the series over again, i.e. Ultimate Spiderman a few years back. Try to find out when a new series is coming out. You can find previews at local comic shops or newsarama. Deadpool is recently new, but it's so popular that issue #1 is about $6 now. You can still look for One-shots and mini series of X-Men, but you will probably need Wikipedia handy for the story lines. Hope that helps! I'm reading an 8 issue (including #0) independent called No Hero and it's pretty awesome and violent! I recommend it.

I collect comics and I am in the same predicament as you are. It is very hard to get into any series if you miss too many issues and just try to jump in on issue #30 (or worse, issue #425!). If you try to collect the back issues it just gets too expensive. With that being said X-Men, along with most superheros needs to be started at the beginning for you to fully understand what's going on. Every once and awhile the publishers start the series over again, i.e. Ultimate Spiderman a few years back. Try to find out when a new series is coming out. You can find previews at local comic shops or newsarama. Deadpool is recently new, but it's so popular that issue #1 is about $6 now. You can still look for One-shots and mini series of X-Men, but you will probably need Wikipedia handy for the story lines. Hope that helps! I'm reading an 8 issue (including #0) independent called No Hero and it's pretty awesome and violent! I recommend it.

Thank you!

I've decided to start with the Uncanny X-Men and read through to the current issue. Once I've done that, I want to branch off and read all the X-Overs and every other branch that the X-Men have taken.

Does that make sense to you at all?

What you're saying makes sense to me, but just to let you know you're crazy! I hope you have A LOT of spending money for all of that and the time to hunt them all down. We're talking about thousands of issues of comics. Uncanny X-Men is at issue #510! Honestly, you'd be better off getting the graphic novels to catch up with the storyline and then start getting actual issues after that. By doing what I just suggested will still cost you hundreds of dollars, considering each volume is about $25; but its not nearly as expensive as the endeavor that you plan on starting.

What you're saying makes sense to me, but just to let you know you're crazy! I hope you have A LOT of spending money for all of that and the time to hunt them all down. We're talking about thousands of issues of comics. Uncanny X-Men is at issue #510! Honestly, you'd be better off getting the graphic novels to catch up with the storyline and then start getting actual issues after that. By doing what I just suggested will still cost you hundreds of dollars, considering each volume is about $25; but its not nearly as expensive as the endeavor that you plan on starting.

I'm up for the challenge. When I want something, there is nothing holding me back haha. It's just incredibly difficult figuring out where to start, and where all the spin-offs fit.

Well gl, I just checked eBay to see if they had Uncanny X-Men #1 but I didn't see it. I wouldn't be surprised if you had to pay $200+ for that one since it came out in 1963.

Back
Top Bottom