Any Car Mechanics?

Hi,

First off I know this is a long shot as this is not a car forum (derrr :?)
But I thought i'd give it a shot here first before registering with a car forum.

My Fiance's car is a little broken.

The diagnostic machine says there is a communication problem between the transponder and the ECU.

I've bought a replacement key, transponder, ignition barrel and ECU replaced them and the car still wont start.

Are there any other parts involved in letting the immobiliser know it's ok to let the car start?

The only thing I have left on my list is getting my volt meter out and chasing the wiring from ignition barrel to the ECU and seeing if there is a problem somewhere.

Just to be clear the symptoms is put the key in the ignition, turn it, all lights come on for second click, go to turn it over and nothing. Just silence. Fuel pump does sound like it's whirring into motion, checked starter motor, battery, relay and fuses. + the diagnostics machine says it's the ECU not talking to the transponder so i'm reluctant to look past this for the moment.

It's a Ford KA 1.3 Duratec engine on an 03 plate.

I'm not much of a mechanic, but if this was my jeep zj, I would probably start off by pulling the computer, then the both the fuseboxes.

Back
Top Bottom