another view at life

connchri said:
Even the Whitehouse web site has an awful lot of 'lets praise God' rub-shub in it.

U know why it has the word God on it? Because almost every religion has atleast one God. It's not biased towards Christianity.

mammikoura said:
U know why it has the word God on it? Because almost every religion has atleast one God. It's not biased towards Christianity.

Was my point ever directly pointed towards Christianity? I used it as an example not the rule, so calm down.

My point was that Religion goes too deep. It's goes into places that where (my personal opinion) it shouldn't be. That includes the running of the country. For example, the Labour MSP's have a habit of bringing up the 'Queen and God' and all this carry on just to wind up the SNP (Nationalist Party). But in doing this, they also insult a lot of Scots. Not that I really care, because I don't. But not everybody is like me.

Anyway, back to the bigger picture, I think it's not a case of there is or there is not a God. I don't think there is, but thats me. It a case of taking a religion and living by it as a person, not by a huge mass of people (as I tried to put accross in my previous post) but also letting people make their own choice. It's more like a tool to refer to on how to live your live, not an actual true story on what to expect. In a few thousand years time, people will probably look back at todays religions in the same way we look at Ancient Eqyptions Religions.

Can I also add, that during the Mid-evil period, the Church was the most corrupt and influential body in all of the European Countries. It wasn't always the nicy nicy image it has today. Personally, I have no time for religion, but I don't have a problem with people who do. I have my reserved opinion of those people, but thats about it.

your vision of God depends on your religion. being a satanist, my god is Satan. a Catholic's god would be, well, God

n00bh8erII said:
your vision of God depends on your religion. being a satanist, my god is Satan. a Catholic's god would be, well, God

LOL, I laugh at you sometimes. Thats 3 religions I've heard you say you've been since december.

1st, in a thread about Xmas, you say your an athiest
2nd, only just over a week ago you said you were a pagan
now, Satan.

Mind you, at least your trying different ones to see how you want to live your life. Some get Brainwashed into thinking there's nothing else but a certian religion.

Its odd, every satanist I know atleast go through the Wicca thing, But This guy just goes straight through to satan worshipping.. Heh, I'll be praying for the guy

Edit: Oh Snap, Forgot That Wicca Was Pagan.. Nvm then, Still be praying for the guy though lol ^^;

yea, i am trying out different religions...it's interesting seeing the diversity. i might go back to atheism, though, i guess i'm not much of a religious person. we'll see

Revelations is pretty scary when you read and think about what's going to happen... but, when you die, you go to heaven and the streets are paved with gold... life will be good... we just have to do our part here.

i have to admit, i have read the book of revelations (if you're wondering why i read the bible, i go to a catholic school...only for the education), and that's what keeps me away from catholocism. it's scary!

I don't understand why people who believe in science over Christianity, or Catholic, or anything afficliated with Christ. Because it's been proven that the Bible is infact real. Research the finding of the Dead Sea Scrolls. Research just about anythign and you'll find it somewhere in the Bible. Which is why it's so amazing. Is because as time goes on, it seems that it was mentioned in the Bible! It even takes about science! Just do a simple Google search and you'll see. The Bible talks about so many things I can't understand how a person can't believe in Jesus, it's just weird to me.

I also don't get how people can believe in the Statanist religion, yet not believe in Jesus or God, because they both have to co-exsist for the other to work. Maybe n00bhater can give us his perspective on that religion?

1337DuD3 said:
I don't understand why people who believe in science over Christianity, or Catholic, or anything afficliated with Christ. Because it's been proven that the Bible is infact real. Research the finding of the Dead Sea Scrolls. Research just about anythign and you'll find it somewhere in the Bible. Which is why it's so amazing. Is because as time goes on, it seems that it was mentioned in the Bible! It even takes about science! Just do a simple Google search and you'll see. The Bible talks about so many things I can't understand how a person can't believe in Jesus, it's just weird to me.

I also don't get how people can believe in the Statanist religion, yet not believe in Jesus or God, because they both have to co-exsist for the other to work. Maybe n00bhater can give us his perspective on that religion?

I second that one. Well said indeed.

Back
Top Bottom