Announcing Windows Vista

Who cares about the name? I'm just glad that Microsoft is finally releasing info on it after 5 long years...

i just heard on the news that windows vista may not be the name for it since there was already a company with copyright of some sort on that name. but the two companies are reviewing legal options so im not sure now.

DarkBlade said:
No, this EVIL THING that is so utterly worthless. I think Microsoft threw it together with a source code generator in 15 mins and released it.. it is SO SLOW.. OMG.. it is like I had a 233MHz processor running XP Pro with the HDD full!! AHHH!!!

HERE, HERE IS THE EVIL I SPEAK OF!!
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/default.mspx

Haha
If you follow that link it says the top 5 reason to get 64 bit windows
What about the top 5000 reasons not to?
What tops that list is the fact that hardly any programs have been developed specifically for 64 bit ... defeating the purpose of the operating system

Somebody who wants it would of course have these 64-bit Applications. It is a workstation Operating System, those 5 reasons are for companies who write their own software and can compile it into 64-bit so they can get the power. It is not, because it is a Pro version, for normal useage and certainly not for games.

Lord Kalthorn said:
Somebody who wants it would of course have these 64-bit Applications. It is a workstation Operating System, those 5 reasons are for companies who write their own software and can compile it into 64-bit so they can get the power. It is not, because it is a Pro version, for normal useage and certainly not for games.

Right and it also helps companies to get ready for Vista.

Yeah, that's a big advantage. There will probably be a 32-bit version of it, like x64, but it is also possible there won't be. So it is good to get ready.

Back
Top Bottom