Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-25-2016, 04:01 PM   #1
Fully Optimized

Default Android vs IOS vs Windows

Hi there gang.
It has been a little dead here lately, so i just wanted to ask about a subject that usually gets things going.
What mobile OS is your favorite, and why?

I myself is an Android fan. Have been ever since V1.6.
I have chosen it simply because it gives me the most options for both hardware choice and software customization.
That's basically my reasoning to choose Android.
I am also a big fan of Google in general. I know how Apple fans are talking about an ecosystem, but you get that with Google too.
I have my Google Drive, Google Calendar, Contacts, Music, Email, Photos, youtube, and it remembers all my information that i have shared with Google Chrome for easy and fast registering and purchases in online shops and what not.
Not to mention when my phone gets outdated i can root it, and get new life out of it with custom roms.

What's your thought?

Old 10-26-2016, 09:50 AM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Android vs IOS vs Windows

I had a Galaxy S3 a couple years ago. I got pretty good at rooting it, installing custom APKs, firmwares, and recovery firmware. There were a few times where curiosity would get the best of me, I'd install something stupid and end up with a completely unusable phone. Once I was out of town when I did it and had to go without communication the whole trip. In the end, the nand flash completely died on me and it became unusable, most likely unrelated to anything I did.

I switched back to the iPhone because i can jailbreak it easily and safely, still get the customization I need, and more or less keep myself out of trouble.

Old 10-26-2016, 12:00 PM   #3
Daemon Poster

Default Re: Android vs IOS vs Windows

Android good for playing around with but not a serious OS yet I have to have it on my phone but apart from finding out my car codes when it throws up an unknown dash light I don't use it.

IOS stupidly expensive with very limited peripherals.

Windows does everything. reasonably cheap, 99.99999999999999999999999999% of the rest of the world use it.