Android tablets?

mikee

Fully Optimized
THere has been a lot of buzz going around about android tablets. What I want to know is what is a better choice, I have an aging ipod touch 2g which the battery is not holding much of a charge anymore and I want to replace it with either an ipod touch 4g or android tablet of some kind. I have seen android tablets ranging from 150-500$ all running android 2.1 2.2 or 3.0. I see a lot of apps offered for free on android and yet you have to pay for them on itunes app store such as angry birds, raging thunder and skyfire web browser. I want to go to sites like grooveshark right in the browser as the grooveshark app for ipod touch is only for paid customers. A few tablets I was looking at are the archos 70 and 101 250-300$ coby kyros which is 130$ and on the apple side the ipod touch 4g.

I asked this same question on ABI forums but their answers seemed biased saying things like don't by the ipod and buy the motorolla xoom or samsung galaxy tab which are a little out of my price range of 300$. Any input is greatly appreciated

The iPad 2 is probably the best option you have right now. The Android platform has very few applications specifically written for tablets, as opposed to the iPad.

iPad 2 is a hundred quid or so cheaper than the iPad was when it came out. Or, you could check up original iPads on ebay, since the tab-specific apps still work on iPad, just it's not as fast as iPad 2.

Anyway, if you were looking at getting a branded, quality android tablet, it wouldn't exactly be cheap anyway.

Source:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...31130&cm_re=galaxy_tab-_-34-131-130-_-Product

Although i respect google and think Android is a pretty good OS, i think Apple's monopoly on the mobile device market isn't going to shift any time soon. There's a significantly larger range of apps on iOS, and the iPad 2 is, hardware-wise, one of the best out there.

i've had two iPhones now, 3G and 4. Recently, i got bored, and decided that the Android was the way to go. The change in quality was astounding. You pay more for the iPhone/iPad, but you get much more quality. To add some insight, some of the apps on Android look like ports of the website. No Netflix either.

Now that's what I like. because all I really want to do is listen to music go on the internet watch videos but some sites that I use like grooveshark only offer a paid app for ipod touch but this could mean I can go to the site as if running on a desktop. Also has anyone tried frash on a jaolbroken iphone or ipod touch for native flash support?

if you run grooveshark, in flash on your Android tablet, your battery will last like 3 hours.

i've had two iPhones now, 3G and 4. Recently, i got bored, and decided that the Android was the way to go. The change in quality was astounding. You pay more for the iPhone/iPad, but you get much more quality. To add some insight, some of the apps on Android look like ports of the website. No Netflix either.

I take back the Netflix part: Netflix Available For Android - Slashdot

The Asus transformer is getting quite a lot of buzz lately I've noticed. I don't have one but on the techinstyle.tv website they have lots of people bloggin about it. The usp is that it has a detachable keypad, ie you can use it as a tablet and a 'normal' laptop. Well worth looking into i reckon.

Back
Top Bottom