Analyst: Sony to Lose 1 Billion on the Playstation 3

because sony is a loving and caring company that cares more about their customers than thereselves :D thats the reason sony is better than microsoft :D

If you read some of the other articles they are only going to take a hit the 1st year. The 2nd year they will break even. 3rd year will start to profit.

They will be 499.99 and the reason Sony is selling them under the price they manufacture the units for is simple.... BLU RAY. Once they get the BLU RAY players into people's homes, they will begin to take and convert the DVD market into BLU RAY. Then, movie companies will have to pay them a HUGE royalty to use the BLU RAY technology OR they will have to fuse with SOny Picture Studios, meaning Sony will make billions of dollars more then the PS3 could ever make. THINK LIKE A COORPERATION. OUTSIDE THE BOX.

Erm honsetly. I bet it won't cost them 150 to make the PS3. They have wholesale suppliers and a manfuactering line turning out PS3 in the dozens. Frankly I highly doubt ANY COMPNAY would sell a product for 399 that custs them 491 to MAKE. Like me going on ebay and selling a geforce 7800 for 100 bucks on buy it now.

Kalgatha said:
because sony is a loving and caring company that cares more about their customers than thereselves :D thats the reason sony is better than microsoft :D

Yeah right...all Sony does is overhype. They make comparisons between the Xbox 360 and the PS3 on paper, by raw speed. What Microsoft does is comapre them by the hardware within the consoles. Atleast Microsoft doesn't have Ken Kutaragi a.k.a the Pompous Ass. All he does is make stupid remarks about the 360.

This is what someone has to say about him and his latest rant.

http://community.teamxbox.com/xbox/1177/Next-Gen-Console-Wars-Revenge-of-Kutaragi/p1/

Note: This is an article and the opinion of a fellow reader, not the words of any Microsoft employee (Sorry to burst your bubble, Microsoft haters)

BuzzStPoint said:
If you read some of the other articles they are only going to take a hit the 1st year. The 2nd year they will break even. 3rd year will start to profit.

Not if Microsoft makes price cuts at the right time. If the Xbox 360 gets cheaper when the PS3 launches, Sony will lose even more money.

DarkBlade said:
They will be 499.99 and the reason Sony is selling them under the price they manufacture the units for is simple.... BLU RAY. Once they get the BLU RAY players into people's homes, they will begin to take and convert the DVD market into BLU RAY. Then, movie companies will have to pay them a HUGE royalty to use the BLU RAY technology OR they will have to fuse with SOny Picture Studios, meaning Sony will make billions of dollars more then the PS3 could ever make. THINK LIKE A COORPERATION. OUTSIDE THE BOX.

Sounds like Sony is starting to only care about money and profit...kinda like Microsoft. The PS3 will be $399, not $499. It will be a while for Blu-Ray to become the standard optical storage because of the price of each individual disc. Becides, Sony still has to leap the matter of the PS3's price. I doubt many people are going to pay $399 for some disk format that can carry 2x the normal now, much less even know what Blu-ray is.

i seriously doubt sony can force a bunch of companies into a monoploy...

Back
Top Bottom