Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-07-2009, 12:46 PM   #21
Fully Optimized

Default Re: amityville horror

Hmm.

#1) The Hostel movies. Not because they were really scary (no surprises), but because of the fact that that truly could happen to anyone with the number of sick f***s in the world.

#2) Probably the Shining. But when I was real little. All I remember is the naked nasty old lady in the bathtub. The rest of the movie wasn't that creepy..just really long and weird.

#3) The original Halloween. This is probably the first true "horror" movie on the list so far. Def. one of my favs.

#4) Se7en. Just downright creepy. One of the original "gore" movies IMHO. I think there are probably a lot of movies influenced by that. Such as Saw and Hostel and whatnot.

That's about it. Scary movies don't do much for me. I though Blair Witch was stupid. People running around the forest getting creeped out by their own imagination. I've done that with friends...exploring abandoned buildings and all that stuff, and I'd say it was fun and exhilarating because of the darkness and unfamiliarity, but it wasn't horrifying or intensely scary. Jeepers Creepers was ridiculous, and the Saw movies have gone down the drain. The only one that creeped me out was the second one for some reason. But it didn't "scare" me. More or less just the gory effects. Friday the 13th never appealed to me, either. That's about all I can think of now.

(edit: yay 1500 posts )

Old 07-07-2009, 12:59 PM   #22
Daemon Poster

Lots of movies don't 'scare' me per se, but the sudden noises accompanied by camera switches/zombies smashing into windows startle me.

Grats on 1500

Toshiba Satellite | Core2Duo @ 2.0 ghz | 3gb ram | 250 gb hd | lolintelgma | Ubuntu 10.04
dudelewis1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:03 PM   #23
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudelewis1 View Post
Lots of movies don't 'scare' me per se, but the sudden noises accompanied by camera switches/zombies smashing into windows startle me.
Same here. It takes a LOT to scare me, but hardly nothing at all to "startle" me, like you said. This could be in ANY kind of movie...not just scary ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudelewis1 View Post
Grats on 1500
Thank you. Haha. Don't much care about my post count though, but thought it was a pretty good accomplishment since I feel like I've generally helped and not annoyed (or tried posting as much as I can) since I've been here.
Old 07-07-2009, 03:00 PM   #24
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to root_assassin

The strangers made me scared as hell. No one seems to like that movie, but it scares me because when i was a child we had some teenager mess with us in the middle of the night so for me it just kindda hits home
root_assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:35 PM   #25
In Runtime

my fav horror movies are the zombie apocalypse type ones.

favorites are, resident evil series, (the latest one was stupid tho)
and the zombie diaries.

they're actualy making a new zombie movie, its called zombie land i think
its looks really good actually
heres a link

i no the kid in that but i cant remember his name,
intel core-i7 920 4+ GHz with the thermaltech 120 extreme with adition 120mm fan lapped. mobo: asus p6t deluxe gpu: Sapphire 5870 OCED. PSU: power pc and cooling 910 watt RAM: Corsair 6GB ddr3 1600 HDD: two 640 Gb WB Caviar in RAID 0: coolermaster haf 932 with all red fans
monitor: samsung ToC T260 roseblack 25.5" 5ms 1920x1200
pepzsoduh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:43 PM   #26
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by root_assassin View Post
The strangers made me scared as hell. No one seems to like that movie, but it scares me because when i was a child we had some teenager mess with us in the middle of the night so for me it just kindda hits home
I seen that it was pretty good. The only part I thought was scary is I have some friends who would do that sort of thing. Good thing I am friends with them.

Zombie movies don't really scare me, of course we have been over the issue of no movie scaring me... But yeah I don't know. I think it's because of the not being it could happen. I definitely think the strangers had a higher of a scare factor to it then any zombie movie.

"If that guy knew half the $h*t that I know, his fuzzy little head would explode. " - Matthew Farrell
vampist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:24 PM   #27
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by esa193 View Post
im 10 mins away from the house where it all happened i swear
that would kinda bother me....

but i havnt really see any movie that actually scared me, just cheeped me out, like wrong turn or some alien movies were i just would jump or something

i remember when i seen independence day when it first came out, that one kinda freaked me a bit but i was only like 5ish i think. idr