Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-13-2005, 02:32 AM   #11
Fully Optimized
Default Re: Amityville Horror

Oh yeh the second was soooooooo shit. But the first was really disturbing, I also got scared watching... Blair Witch Project, i got fair sucked into that one, like I bought this book and stuff after i saw it haha, I couldnt tell if it happened or not, I was only a youngin then though.

JOIN RG Forums its Hella Good!!!
NOFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 05:25 AM   #12
Daemon Poster

anyone seen house of 1000 corpses??? thats not so much a 'jumpy' scary movie as it is a 'disgusting' one. the first time i saw it i PMSL all the way thru then i watched it again later and watched it seriously and it was a little disturbing to think about all the things that happened for some of the first part could possibly be true!

TCM had me a little agitated but i was laughing pretty hard in some parts!!!

another good movie is Wrong Turn! its kinda like TCM but different. very good one... make a note to see it, theres a scene in trees (literally up in the branches of these HUGE pines) where a girl gets killed.... its AWESOME!

ummm, havent seen saw, it just looks pretty stoopid. what else is there... i dunno, theyre pretty good movies though!

if u want good mind bending movies, watch One Hour Photo, The Thin Red Line, Hide and Seek, and American Beauty... thats my all time favourite movie!!!

-The real criminals are the ones who dont get caught...
-The soldier, above all else prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must bear the wounds and scars of war.
Assassin_666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 12:28 PM   #13
Daemon Poster
Send a message via MSN to Techy Geek

i saw constinance and it was absolute cr**, it was like 3 hrs long, a complete waste of time, dont go, i couldnt understand it (i know this thread is about Amityville horror, but i figured you might want to know about other films)
"If I seem to act unkind, its only me and not my mind" I Want To Tell You, The Beatles, Revolver
"When I am king, you will be first against the wall" Paranoid Android, Radiohead, OK Computer
There are two types of people, those who hate Microsoft, and those who work for it...
Possibly a Mac Convert
Techy Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 10:02 PM   #14
In Runtime
Send a message via Yahoo to XPChick

It looks mildly creepy but I bet the acting and everything will suck. Like in most horror movies. And come on people the ring was so stupid there was no way to be scared the only part that scared me at all was when she came out of the tv.

XPChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 01:03 AM   #15
Daemon Poster
Send a message via AIM to CarpeNoctem Send a message via MSN to CarpeNoctem

The first Amityville Horror was good. This one is probably going to be bad since I really like the first one. I took a tour of the house everything supposedly took place in. It's based on a true story. Now whether or not it's a legitimate story, who knows.
How many people can read hex if only you and dead people can read hex?

Start using reputation points!!!
CarpeNoctem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 01:04 AM   #16
Golden Master
Send a message via AIM to alvino

How is it true? Did some murder take place there?
alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 11:26 PM   #17
The Candy Man

Well i haven't seen the Amityville Horror movie yet, but i did like the 1st 2 movies....

As for the scary movies, yes they have lost their luster, but as for the weird ones...that's another story.

If you know what i'm taking about the movie" Jacobs Ladder"....very freaky movie, but cool at the same time.
" Let the music move you "
~mr mixx~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 10:44 PM   #18
Beta Member

I saw the new Amityville Horror today - and ...sorry but I thought it was crappy! didnt like it at all...

and then on Snopes.com it says it wasnt ever a true story...meh!
Tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 10:47 PM   #19
Golden Master

I liked the movie based on Stephen King's story called, "It" and "The Shining". Another movie that was good was the one with all those green things that made people talented in performing certain tasks. That was also by Stephen King but I forgot the name of that movie. It was a miniseries on TV a couple of years ago or more. I also liked the first Child's Play movie with Chucky. Oh man it was scary.

If the Amityville Horror is that bad, then I will not go see it. I'll wait for it to come on DVD then.

*Fact: Microsoft Window's Blue Screen of Death vs Computerforums.org's White Screen of Death. Which is worse?
ISOwner is offline   Reply With Quote