Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-01-2007, 07:51 AM   #11
The Candyman

Default Re: Amiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffaz View Post
Was talking to Rudster the other day about the old commodore amigas and stuff. So i decided to hunt my emulator stuff out, and ive been playing chaos engine, had great fun with it, brought back memories lol. Anyone else here use emulators to play old games, and if so, then what do ya play?

Heres the game im on about if anyone remembers. Not the best graphics, but great gameplay back in the day lol
http://hol.abime.net/2984
I used to have a commodore 64, i remember how long it took for the games to load...

Thank God for the fastloader cartridge... Anyways, ,my favorite games were :

1) Wizball
2) Moon Patrol

There are more, I just can't recall the other games... :P

Old 07-01-2007, 08:59 AM   #12
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~mr mixx~ View Post
I used to have a commodore 64, i remember how long it took for the games to load...

Thank God for the fastloader cartridge... Anyways, ,my favorite games were :

1) Wizball
2) Moon Patrol

There are more, I just can't recall the other games... :P
As I said I got a s/hand Amiga 2000, just to play the games, it reckoned that I could get on the 'net, ha, sure, it was one megabyte!, it came with around 300 floppies for games, by the time I'd ditched all the duplicates & duds I was still left with approx 100, among them was a Dr Who, as you placed him into the police box, it went to another screen where you battled more monsters, it was great in it's own way, six months after I sold it all on, someone in the paper offered 50 for that one game, arrrggghhh!, me getting someone to beat me over the head >>

Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 10:05 AM   #13
The Candyman

Yeah, the Amiga's I remember too.... I liked the sid player on the Commadore only for the fact the synthesizer was really cool for it's time.

Back then the sid player was a media player for sound files. I liked the little band in the background jamming to the music, with the drummer head banging and his drum sticks flipping in the air. (it was funny) :P
Old 07-02-2007, 04:39 AM   #14
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz

I've been having loads of fun with my emulator, so i have just bought an amiga from ebay for 20, bargain!!!!! lol.
Raffaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:51 AM   #15
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffaz View Post
I've been having loads of fun with my emulator, so i have just bought an amiga from ebay for 20, bargain!!!!! lol.
Well done Mick, which one, but can you get the the games?, mine were sold with the Amiga, otherwise you could have had them for nothing.
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:57 AM   #16
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Raffaz Send a message via MSN to Raffaz Send a message via Yahoo to Raffaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookfield View Post
Well done Mick, which one, but can you get the the games?, mine were sold with the Amiga, otherwise you could have had them for nothing.
Ive got about 1500 games in .asf format from my emulator. So i just need to transfer them back to floppy disk (got a load with the amiga)
It's an amiga 600, was gonna get the 1200 but i havent the room. The 600 is nice and compact. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amiga_600
Old 07-04-2007, 11:00 AM   #17
Golden Master

Well it came today lol. Got a few bits ordered to do some mods. Gonna remove the HDD and use a converter so i can use a 4gig CF card, much faster and i can store all the games on it