Americans!

Distortion88 said:
Wow, there's a couple "Americanized" quotes for ya. Who's honestly making it as teachers down there?! First off, as it was already said, there are definitely not 32 million people living in L.A. Secondly, the reason why so few people live in such a large country is because 64% of the country is located in the arctic and a large portion of the rest is located in a similarily cold climate so you tell me how many people would like to live in those areas? Populations tend to centralize around areas of a warmer climate and thats just something Canada does not have too much of, unfortunately. And lastly, you do know that less than half of Canadians speak French right? We're not all French up here.

Way less then half,lol. i forget what province it is but i think it's alberta that is the only one that french is actually a second official language. i'm half french and i can speak more Japanese then french,lol.

Weird culture talk going on in here! Yes, us Americans are one of a kind. We have a lot more freedoms then most do, and most of us take those for granite. Such a shame by the way. But yes, gas, at least here in Oregon, was maxed out at $2.79. As of late, due to political pressure, has dropped down by 50 cents!

Quick question while I am thinking about it. Do British people use the same slang and terminology as us Americans use? Because it is still English, but once again we've even "Americanized" that! Because I was reading a biography on Winston Churchill, and the author, John Keegan, wrote in, at least to me, extremly proper British speaking English. Needless to say I couldn't understand hardly anything he was saying. But yes, an interesting culture is the German culture. I like that culture! Ah the words and language just all fit together quite nicely! So kudos to you, and Ich bin Auslander und spreche nicht gut Deutsh!!!

My Parents, though asian, are from Canada. Though, I was born here. They, after all these years, still use the phrases, eh?. (Which I use, If I may add).

Back
Top Bottom