Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-25-2005, 06:50 AM   #11
Fully Optimized
 
Nik00117's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,025
Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117
Default Re: America and its downfall

You need to understand I do not expect America to go down this sunday. But in the next 200 years its very believeable. And no one can predict the future however you can make educationed guesses and cross your fingers. Frankly America could handle the top 5 countris in army. Our national gaurd is huge. Avg state has anywhere from 500,000 to a million natural gaurd troops. Then we have the decidated army which is aobut 5,000,000 or so men. So I can't see us losing to a invader, esp since most americans do own a weopon. If anyone country did invade us they'd be asking for a long fight because of the armed forces, national gaurd, then the poeple. And rome wasn't a dictatorship for its entire history, in fact rome very much so tried to avoid a all powerful leader but forgive me history I believe it was Ceaser who started the Emiror thing? Before that it was ruled by a seante that land owners voted on. Numbers may not be accuture but i'm sure they are damn close.
__________________

__________________
Main Rig: I7 920 CPU, 6 Gigs ram 5870 GPU
M17X Laptop 2.8 Ghz Dual Core, 4870 Radeon
Nik00117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 12:45 PM   #12
Fully Optimized
 
Mental Liberator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,035
Send a message via AIM to Mental Liberator
Default Re: America and its downfall

You guys are such silly billys, if countrys are going to fall, America isn't going to be the first one, it'll probably be the last one.
__________________

__________________
www.treasuretrooper.com/72560
Check it out, legit cash just from surveys.
Mental Liberator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 12:48 PM   #13
Golden Master
 
mammikoura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,459
Send a message via MSN to mammikoura
Default Re: America and its downfall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mental Liberator
You guys are such silly billys, if countrys are going to fall, America isn't going to be the first one, it'll probably be the last one.
I seriously doubt that. Some countries might fall before USA but I really don't think that it's going to be the last one of the current countries standing. It's just not all about military power and allies.
mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 12:51 PM   #14
Fully Optimized
 
Mental Liberator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,035
Send a message via AIM to Mental Liberator
Default Re: America and its downfall

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemon
I seriously doubt that. Some countries might fall before USA but I really don't think that it's going to be the last one of the current countries standing. It's just not all about military power and allies.
U.S.A. FOR ANARCHY!
NOT BULLSHIT DEMOCRACY!
I WANT TOTAL LIBERTY!
I WANT PIECE AND ANARCHY!
__________________
www.treasuretrooper.com/72560
Check it out, legit cash just from surveys.
Mental Liberator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 12:51 PM   #15
Golden Master
 
jac006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,810
Send a message via AIM to jac006
Default Re: America and its downfall

This is prolly going to get closed... let's keep flames and such down and keep it clean and a nice, healthy, educational debate. As for my view... yes. These times are different. We have instant communication, incredibly advanced medial supplies, hospitals, etc. and transportation is being able to go to the moon, although that's not wide-spread. Indeed, in our lifetimes, for the teenagers here and everyone older, we're not going to see the downfall. Unless China and North Korea and some other countires decide to have a nuclear winter, you shouldn't bet on it happening. 5. I believe that a corrupt internal government, weak, and a megalomaniac for a leader, along with rioting people, and high gas prices/taxes/etc will most likely to be the downfall. It depends. Of course, no one can tell the future. I would very much like to believe that the world will stay peaceful, taxes will decrease along with gas prices, and the government will be run by an earnest, righteous man. But, most likely, it wonít work out that. My view? Expect the worst. Expect what you think will the worst thing to happen. That way, youíll be prepared. And if it doesnít happen, well you were prepared and at least had a chance of surviving through it, unlike others. Iím taking Advanced Placement Environmental Science at my school, and one of the issues is whether the precautionary Principle a Sound Basis for International Policy? Haha. If you went outta control, and just made progress and progress and advancements and advancements, and you didnít care about the earth, the ecosystem, and everything natural and living in it, and, as you made progress and the like, you looked back on the world, and whoaÖ The oceans are polluted with fatal chemicals, the sky doesnít have definition anymore, and people can barely go outside because there is so much smog, dust, pollution, etc. Sure, you can cure people with the new medicines and transport faster, etc. but people are dying faster than you can get to them. TurmoilÖ of course, this is the most morbid of all examples, but still. What do you want: slow progress, but still progress, that is not only beneficial to humans, but also animals, and the earth itself, or, do you want incredible advancements within our society, but have the ionosphere be full of toxic gas molecules, an ocean where you can even go 50 feet without getting radiation and toxic poisoning, etc. Haha. Letís face reality. Donít be optimistic when thereís a chance for failure. Of course, the situation always depends. Personally, Iím an optimistic person. Whenever I go up to play a song on the piano for about 600-1000 people, man, in my mind, Iím just saying, ďIím gonna play this soooo right and soooo perfect and Iím gonna impress those people out there beyond their wildest dreams.Ē I usually say that. Seriously. And, I do play perfectly. But this is different. Being optimistic, *sigh*, usually wonít help a bit. Action, my friends, action. If thereís a species thatís on the edge of extinction, and you go, oh, itís ok, theyíll make it out o.k., theyíll survive, and they donítÖ haha. You canít take it back. Sure, on a test that you are optimistic on, yet you fail, well, you can do better on the next test, etc. but for lifeÖ Iím sorry, but thereís no ďre-doĒ for that. Yeah. I sorta went off topic, but thereís relevance. The U.S. is a good country. Seniors have massive health care, and social security, and itís all free. Kids have playgrounds and schools that are good enough for some of them to get into Harvard, Princeton (where Iím going), etc. But it wonít last forever. The debt this country has, along with an ever-growing population, and with other malicious factors, well, this countryís life will elongate enough, but there will be a pointÖ maybe not, donít get me wrong, but as I said earlier, face the worst. The situation depends, again, but face it because youíll be ready for IF it comes. Thank you, Iím done.
__________________
Macbook Pro and Logitech z5500s. All you really need.
jac006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 12:51 PM   #16
Fully Optimized
 
Mental Liberator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,035
Send a message via AIM to Mental Liberator
Default Re: America and its downfall

We're not flamming, I have no idea what you're talking about.

UP THE PUNX
__________________
www.treasuretrooper.com/72560
Check it out, legit cash just from surveys.
Mental Liberator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 12:57 PM   #17
Golden Master
 
mammikoura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,459
Send a message via MSN to mammikoura
Default Re: America and its downfall

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac006
This is prolly going to get closed... let's keep flames and such down and keep it clean and a nice, healthy, educational debate. As for my view... yes. These times are different. We have instant communication, incredibly advanced medial supplies, hospitals, etc. and transportation is being able to go to the moon, although that's not wide-spread. Indeed, in our lifetimes, for the teenagers here and everyone older, we're not going to see the downfall. Unless China and North Korea and some other countires decide to have a nuclear winter, you shouldn't bet on it happening. 5. I believe that a corrupt internal government, weak, and a megalomaniac for a leader, along with rioting people, and high gas prices/taxes/etc will most likely to be the downfall. It depends. Of course, no one can tell the future. I would very much like to believe that the world will stay peaceful, taxes will decrease along with gas prices, and the government will be run by an earnest, righteous man. But, most likely, it wonít work out that. My view? Expect the worst. Expect what you think will the worst thing to happen. That way, youíll be prepared. And if it doesnít happen, well you were prepared and at least had a chance of surviving through it, unlike others. Iím taking Advanced Placement Environmental Science at my school, and one of the issues is whether the precautionary Principle a Sound Basis for International Policy? Haha. If you went outta control, and just made progress and progress and advancements and advancements, and you didnít care about the earth, the ecosystem, and everything natural and living in it, and, as you made progress and the like, you looked back on the world, and whoaÖ The oceans are polluted with fatal chemicals, the sky doesnít have definition anymore, and people can barely go outside because there is so much smog, dust, pollution, etc. Sure, you can cure people with the new medicines and transport faster, etc. but people are dying faster than you can get to them. TurmoilÖ of course, this is the most morbid of all examples, but still. What do you want: slow progress, but still progress, that is not only beneficial to humans, but also animals, and the earth itself, or, do you want incredible advancements within our society, but have the ionosphere be full of toxic gas molecules, an ocean where you can even go 50 feet without getting radiation and toxic poisoning, etc. Haha. Letís face reality. Donít be optimistic when thereís a chance for failure. Of course, the situation always depends. Personally, Iím an optimistic person. Whenever I go up to play a song on the piano for about 600-1000 people, man, in my mind, Iím just saying, ďIím gonna play this soooo right and soooo perfect and Iím gonna impress those people out there beyond their wildest dreams.Ē I usually say that. Seriously. And, I do play perfectly. But this is different. Being optimistic, *sigh*, usually wonít help a bit. Action, my friends, action. If thereís a species thatís on the edge of extinction, and you go, oh, itís ok, theyíll make it out o.k., theyíll survive, and they donítÖ haha. You canít take it back. Sure, on a test that you are optimistic on, yet you fail, well, you can do better on the next test, etc. but for lifeÖ Iím sorry, but thereís no ďre-doĒ for that. Yeah. I sorta went off topic, but thereís relevance. The U.S. is a good country. Seniors have massive health care, and social security, and itís all free. Kids have playgrounds and schools that are good enough for some of them to get into Harvard, Princeton (where Iím going), etc. But it wonít last forever. The debt this country has, along with an ever-growing population, and with other malicious factors, well, this countryís life will elongate enough, but there will be a pointÖ maybe not, donít get me wrong, but as I said earlier, face the worst. The situation depends, again, but face it because youíll be ready for IF it comes. Thank you, Iím done.

wow, some good points there. But the thing I am really suprised is that I had the patience to read through all of that. U see I'm really lazy.

But back to the topic, as I said I don't think that the downfall of Usa is something that will happen in our life time, and I doubt that it's going to be because of war.
mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 03:00 PM   #18
Golden Master
 
jac006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,810
Send a message via AIM to jac006
Default Re: America and its downfall

WHich is exactly what I said... thank you...
__________________
Macbook Pro and Logitech z5500s. All you really need.
jac006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 10:20 PM   #19
Fully Optimized
 
Nik00117's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,025
Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117
Default Re: America and its downfall

Mental Liberary ANARCHY? Um you do reliease no goverment, no laws, no protection. With a Anarchy gov. I could go up to you and shot you. I coudl then walk away and i'd never be punished. Human Nature always leans for displine, and leadership. Even young children form groups with a leader. Its hamun nature to need a leader, and rules to work porpely. Anarchy sure the idea of no laws, or police force sounds like a wonderful idea. But when youa bout 5 mins thought into it you reliease you can do w/e you want, but that means others can do w/e they want otno you. So your logical behind your statements? I have failed to see them. I'm no converstive, i'm a liberal person gay rights, and all that stuff. However arachy? Not so much. I youngest you may think poeple are good. Which is true. But greed takes over us all. I don't give a crap who you we all have greed. We all want this and that. ANd if their weren't laws in place we'd let it run lose, And we'd loose all sense of a civilized poeple.
__________________
Main Rig: I7 920 CPU, 6 Gigs ram 5870 GPU
M17X Laptop 2.8 Ghz Dual Core, 4870 Radeon
Nik00117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 10:21 PM   #20
Golden Master
 
jac006's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,810
Send a message via AIM to jac006
Default Re: America and its downfall

rriiiggghhhttt... nicely put.
__________________

__________________
Macbook Pro and Logitech z5500s. All you really need.
jac006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0