America The Free, America The Proud, America The Terror

connchri, do you think the UK is a better country than the US in many respects?

I think I do. I've visited many Eastern US states (got relatives there), and seen what my relatives call the "real America". It was just completely overrated, I thought, it was all manufactured and bland.

We don't have to pay for healthcare here, and our education is argueably better. Our military is also far better trained (I know from experience), it's just the US has a higher defence budget (something like the US spends more on its military than the 12 richest European states put together or something like that).

In any case, there's no point in starting a flame war. All countries have their faults, but if you're happy there you're happy there. I for one love this country.

It didn't seem like he was saying that the UK is better then the US it just sounds like he's expressing his opinion on what he knows about the US and they're defences. He was also saying what he knew about the UK defences, it seemed to me that in no way was he saying that the UK is better then the UK and neither am I, and I'm not saying that the US has a better defence then the UK. I'm just saying that we should stick to saying our opinions and keep an open mind (even though our natural prejustice instinct may kick in) about other peoples opinions because they will live in other countries and possibly your own. Me on the hand, I find it just political bullshit trying to say my dick is bigger then yours (in a metaphorica sence of course).
I have no interest in it and I probably never will as my interests are in the science world with Mathamatics and Physics.
But keep an open mind people.

Chris

no offence but the UK pwns, we didnt treat the iraq war as FF on lets race to the oil

connchri has some good points. But I need to make a few comments.
"I.E BOTH COUNTRIES WOULD BE ForKED!" Let's say no matter if now or back in the times of cold war, if those two countries would launch all of their nukes at eachother almost every living thing on this planet would die.

"our trident submarines. No-one can detect them once submerged"

Yes it is said that trident subs would be undetectable. I don't know if that is true or not, but all I know is that USA also has trident submarines armed with nuclear warheads.

"There new targeting gear on there fighter planes are also far more advanced than the F16s'. A lot of you will not believe, but go and have a wee look."

LMAO
F-16? USAF has been using the F-16 for about 25 years. And if u really think that there has been no progress in the planes of the USAF in 25 years u are so wrong.

"but America is not invincible" very good that u pointed this out, since many ppl think that USA can be never beaten.

Um Excuse me? When Did I say I hated my country? I was posting a debate about how our government works. In my opinion I dont like how it works, I never said that the country as a whole sucks. I would appreciate it if you people would stop spamming up the topic with "arh arh yur toopid, UsA R D roxx0r!" -_-

And now back on topic.. The war in Iraq.. Did we ever even Find anything There? We captured Saddam, Got thousands of soldiers killed, And all just to set up a new government for them? My best friends husband is in Iraq as I am typing this message to you, And every single person he comes in contact over there says they wish america would just leave them alone. Why are we still over there? They can support themselves already. The media likes to overdramatize the current topic that has everybodies attention until something better comes along. The only reason I think bush is over there is to finish daddies work. That and the whole oil debate, Hes had plans on the oil there from the start, everyone knows that iraq is rich in it.

And I too would like to see all the nukes gone, But we know this isnt going to be happening =\ I say, We all get in our own private little space things, that grow plants, and reginerate atoms from space waste into edible food, changes what we exhale into oxygen, and sale off into the preverbial horizon

Mental Liberator said:
Money_man, I really want to quote that, I actually might...

"Cambodia is pretty cool, angelina jolie goes there." - Money_Man

lol what? its true. not my fault shes hot as anything so she has to go in almost every post i make shes on my cell phone too

Although the F-16 is surpassed by some, it's still in a class of it's own. Fly-by-wire, lightweight, fast, maneuverable and cheap...it was a deal the Air Force couldn't pass up.

Now, the F-22 is what is awesome...look at those angles...O.O
F-22RaptorSidePic.jpg

F-22RaptorFrontPic.jpg

In my opinion, one of the best USAF Fighters was the North American P-51D Mustang. What a beauty...undoubtedly one of the best fighters in the war, along with the Brit's Supermarine Spitfire.

Stalker said:
Um Excuse me? When Did I say I hated my country? I was posting a debate about how our government works. In my opinion I dont like how it works, I never said that the country as a whole sucks. I would appreciate it if you people would stop spamming up the topic with "arh arh yur toopid, UsA R D roxx0r!" -_-

And now back on topic.. The war in Iraq.. Did we ever even Find anything There? We captured Saddam, Got thousands of soldiers killed, And all just to set up a new government for them? My best friends husband is in Iraq as I am typing this message to you, And every single person he comes in contact over there says they wish america would just leave them alone. Why are we still over there? They can support themselves already. The media likes to overdramatize the current topic that has everybodies attention until something better comes along. The only reason I think bush is over there is to finish daddies work. That and the whole oil debate, Hes had plans on the oil there from the start, everyone knows that iraq is rich in it.

And I too would like to see all the nukes gone, But we know this isnt going to be happening =\ I say, We all get in our own private little space things, that grow plants, and reginerate atoms from space waste into edible food, changes what we exhale into oxygen, and sale off into the preverbial horizon

Haha, you're lucky Giancarlo isn't here anymore. He's so Pro-Bush to the core. He's one hell of a debater too.

*shrug* i could give a rats arse what anyone has to say about the bushes, I would be willing to bet that Jeb bush is going to run for president too. I dont think hell run next election but hes going to run, And itll be the same thing all over again

Its as if George Bush gets 6 terms in office (hope he doesnt have another kid) lol

Back
Top Bottom