amd plant 3billion

this will allow them to have the production ability to do so guys.

exactly. If they can produce more, then they can cut prices as the overall bulk increase of chips will help them cover the costs of the new facility and get them back on their feet.

I'm just waiting for Intel to buy part of AMD to keep them afloat like MS did to apple way back when.

ehh maybe
intels looking pretty kickass atm

in the top end of the market intel maybe but way down in the budget end of the market AMD is still dominating very much with intel not being able to offer the prices that amd can and a lot of high end users mainly gamers who atm are loving intels power fail to forget that actually there are very many budget users out there that still buy AMD chips

they need to restructure there entire company and be competitive they once were

they are extremely compettitive in price compared to intel

i think at the moment AMD should stop trying to compete with intel in the high end market completely

build this manufacturing plant and start work on producing their current low end chips in bulk meaning they can be sold really cheaply which will then get them loads of customers who are after cheap PC's and after a few years they will have built up their finances , i think they should then fund with their newly strengthened finances a project to beat anything intel has completely cos i think one of their main problems at the moment is they are trying to finance research to make high performance cpu's and they arent producing anything better than intel and so they arent selling as well meaning they make a loss whereas if their chips actually beat intels they would make a profit

Back
Top Bottom