AMD Outsold Intel????

Nope, never met him in my life. I got real friendly with the sales guy though. We were joking around and stuff. So he was willing to talk to his manager about the laptop situation. It all comes down to who can make a better sale. The extra money they made off of me was all they needed.

Yeah lol, you pay like 80 bucks for the 2 year thing, and they dont have to pay anything for the extra shipping from the other store cuz they probly have their own truck so they make more money than they would have if you went somewhere else

It was still worth it though. I get two free batteries if it ever failed and complete replacement of every single thing goes wrong with it at any CompUSA store for free for the next two years.

It's a great little laptop and I love the widescreen. I can view more windows side by side without scrolling too much. The touchpad is neat. You can also scroll sideways and up and down without using the mouse. Plus, theres a button where you can lock the touchpad so you don't accidently move the cursor with your palm while typing. The girls think it's cute, I'm just liking the 64 bit CPU that's in it.

I'm thinking of getting this cool one from gateway (They make bad desktops, but the notebooks they make are ok in my opinion, better than dell) I'll make a new thread about laptops so we dont go off topic in this one lol

back on topic: You know whats funny though? The whole Dell cant use amds anymore because they get intels at a discount, Well you know what people did? stopped using dell XD bad move dell

If Dell can't use AMD CPUs because of that agreement, and if AMD continues it's dominance in the market, it will definitely make Dell think twice. But Dell is currently number one and people are always saying their service, low cost, and direct retail to consumers is what makes them so successful. So it's hard to say..

Well, usually when retailers get a discount like that, it involves a contract. I'm guessing Intel got them to sign a paper saying that they cannot use AMD processors for some defined amount of time. The incentive? Well the discount, of course!

Until the day that contract expires, they are locked into an agreement. I'm sure lawyers on both sides are making sure that it doesn't get breached, lol. Dell should offer a variety of CPUs. That way, they can target a wider audience of PC enthusiast.

Yeah... but they're new xps gen 6 comp is amazing, sorta. It has dual 7800gtx's in an intel 3.6ghz mobo, custom dell mobo that is. Pretty nice though. 1 tb of storage. Two psu's and a plastic case. It's alright. I would take an amd any day though if I paid that much for a comp.

Back
Top Bottom