amd having a bad time =[

Intel are also the reason AMD were so good a couple of years ago, and it's why AMD still has so many die-hard fans. They were once worshipped by enthusiasts and Intel couldn't compete. Now the tables have turned. It's what comes when you get complacent.

amd needs a merger or needs to be bought badly
if they can do that and focuses on 2 things
A. releasing better cpus quicker
B. Advertising
they could compete with intel
they need somthing like a tv ad that says "AMD developing for the future
developing for your needs!"

or something kool like that and is all high tech

They have products out now that could pull them through, but they just need to advertise them. But they can't advertise because they don't have the funds.
If RV770 is as good as it seems, and if it gets lots of attention, people will start to consider AMD again and they will see all the great products they have available. They need something to catch people's attention.

They have no one to blame but themselves. It was their decision to buy ATI, even though it wasn't seen as a great investment.

yeah i have to agree, buying ati was a stupid choice.
They don't have much to show for it.

ATi wasn't their first choice, they wanted Nvidia, and they were in the position to buy them but unfortunalty it didn't happen. ATi was their second choice but it wasn't stupid, not at all. It opens up a whole lot of possibilities for AMD, and Fusion being the biggest. Whilst Nvidia and Intel are squabbling, AMD are hard at work and have been for a while now on what Intel is planning on doing. They are not going to reach the benefits of the AMD purchase now, but later down the road they will. It also gave them another thing they wanted, an entire platform (CPU, chipset, graphics card) that they can market to OEMs. They bought ATi because they were looking ahead to what the future was going to be like, and AMD knew that they would need a graphics division to compete in the future.

ATi wasn't their first choice, they wanted Nvidia, and they were in the position to buy them but unfortunalty it didn't happen. ATi was their second choice but it wasn't stupid, not at all. It opens up a whole lot of possibilities for AMD, and Fusion being the biggest. Whilst Nvidia and Intel are squabbling, AMD are hard at work and have been for a while now on what Intel is planning on doing. They are not going to reach the benefits of the AMD purchase now, but later down the road they will. It also gave them another thing they wanted, an entire platform (CPU, chipset, graphics card) that they can market to OEMs. They bought ATi because they were looking ahead to what the future was going to be like, and AMD knew that they would need a graphics division to compete in the future.

I have heard of the AMD780 chipset and what it could mean for casual gamers.. but.. you know.. none of that matters at all if AMD goes out of business.

I thought about who could buy out AMD and ATI and I was thinking what would those make up. I mean Intel can't take it because then theres no competition once again, if Nvidia takes it then no GPU Competition. Its either VIA or shall I say. . . .

Bill Gates :eek:

AMD better know that were praying for it!

Back
Top Bottom