Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 05-06-2008, 09:49 PM   #11
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to _-..zKiLLA..-_
Default Re: amd having a bad time =[

i like AMD i have their 5600+ X2 and is splooshtastic. i love this thing. runs so smooth no problems. i hope they get a better phenom out before they go down

Old 05-06-2008, 10:53 PM   #12
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to NEED WOW NOW

Wait until they go out, then sell your AMD CPU's for like 3K to someone who needs one. If AMD does go out, then couldn't Intel become a monopoly?

And while I'm at it, is the 5600 X2 OCable at all, I have it and it runs at 30-38C all the time with my Arctic Cooling 64 HSF.

If only AMD could somehow sneak into IBM and steal there Fiber Optic research or something like that.

NEED WOW NOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:29 AM   #13
Wizard of Wires

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEED WOW NOW View Post
Wait until they go out, then sell your AMD CPU's for like 3K to someone who needs one. If AMD does go out, then couldn't Intel become a monopoly?

And while I'm at it, is the 5600 X2 OCable at all, I have it and it runs at 30-38C all the time with my Arctic Cooling 64 HSF.

If only AMD could somehow sneak into IBM and steal there Fiber Optic research or something like that.
No. There are other cpu chip makers out there. VIA is one. If AMD goes belly up the patents would most likely go up on a private patent auction. Private individuals or company reps would buy the patents and hold them letting companies have rights to manufactor for hefty prices. The SEC and FTC monitor these private auctions very closely. Any thing out of the norm and the patent holder gets their nuts roasted.
So unless after AMD closes its doors Intel goes after another company trying to drive them out of business, it's just another day at the office. But if they try to bully another company they'll get called on the carpet in front of a federal judge.
setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:40 AM   #14
Daemon Poster

i like how intel was being b*****s and made computer company's sign contracts to only buy there processor's gotta love that one, i think amd would be alot more better if they advertised also
Old 05-07-2008, 01:44 AM   #15
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Cabbs

It's all about money. The more they have, the happier they are.
Cabbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:01 AM   #16
Fully Optimized

Desktop-wise, I'll always be supporting AMD. But when it comes to mobile performance, I have to go against my allegiance to AMD and go with Intel, the performance gap is just too drastic.
I'm on AMDs side though, 100%.
| AMD 3800+ X2 Dual Core Processor | ASUS A8N-e nF4 Ultra | Hitachi Deskstar 250gb 3.0 gb/s | 1gb Corsair Value RAM 2x512 | eVGA geforce 6800GS | sound blaster live! 24-bit | NZXT Trinity Classic chassis | OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI PSU |
I was there. In the networking forum for the first time, and it was because.. of 341
kchi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 11:50 AM   #17
Golden Master

Lots of people are saying AMD aren't competetive and that K10(Phenom) is a failure, and there CPUs or GPUs can't match Intel's or Nvidia's. This is not true at all. I don't think that everyone knows this but AND released their B3 stepping Phenoms lately with the 9850 Black Edition being the flagship model. It sells for $230 and beats Intel's equivalent Q6600 in the majority of benchmarks. RV770 is coming very soon and it's looking a beast. Just search Google for the leaked HD 4870 vs 9800GX2 benchmarks.

RV770, the Phenom 9850 + the X3s and he 780G are great products.
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 4.0GHz + TU120E lapped - MSI 770-CD45 AM3 - 2x2GB OCZ DDR3 1333MHz - Sapphire HD 4870 - Samsung Spinpoint 500GB 7200RPM 16MB cache HDD - Tagan TG600-BZ Piperock - (Currently open test bed) - Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit.
worshipme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 12:14 PM   #18
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀

Well even though I don't use any AMD processors I do hope they survive.

I think everyone can assume what will happen if Intel does run AMD out. They will have no competition thus no one to have a price war with allowing them to gouge the hell out of prices.
ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 01:13 PM   #19
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to _-..zKiLLA..-_

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEED WOW NOW View Post

thats great dude, can i have a link to ur HSF. and yeah i have mine OCed to 3.1 pretty stable. i dont really use those programs to check for stability, i havn't had a BSOD in a long time or infact any problems.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:26 PM   #20
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by _-..zKiLLA..-_ View Post
thats great dude, can i have a link to ur HSF. and yeah i have mine OCed to 3.1 pretty stable. i dont really use those programs to check for stability, i havn't had a BSOD in a long time or infact any problems.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835185125

Intel has a genius marketing plan with their whole "Intel Inside" thing. The average person could care less about what kind of CPU they have, as long as it works. But they make people think that their product is much better with that ad campaign. Whereas I don't think I've ever seen an ad for AMD outside of computer sites. It's their own fault really.