Amazon Prime

Celery

Golden Master
For a long time I've been declining to try Amazon Prime every time I made a purchase. I didn't think I'd buy enough to make it worthwhile but they're there every time.

"Cmon try me for 30 days free!"

I thought maybe I do buy enough to take advantage of their shipping and discounts on thousands of their products so I signed up.

I was in for a surprise and sorry that I didn't check it out long ago.

When I got my Prime page I saw:

Prime Delivery
Prime Now
Prime Video
Prime Music
Prime Reading

and lots other benefits. I thought WTH? Because of Prime Video I cancelled my NetFlix.

Then I noticed a box marked Other Plans and I clicked on it and it was an alternate payment plans but on the bottom of the page it asked:

Do you have an EBT Card? Uh yeah, I have a Lone Star card and I entered the numbers and a pic of it.

Congrats. You have Amazon Prime for $5.99 a month! (regular plan is $10.95mo/$99yr)

Hell yeah, this is getting better. :D

Last edited:
There's not a whole lot of original stuff on amazon video, but the man in the high castle is pretty good. Also, they occasionally have free shipping on one day delivery or even same day on limited stuff....

NetFlix wasn't any better but the Prime Video has quite a few I want to watch.

Celery - Where's that "Other Plans" box? I'll be darned if I can find it.

I've had Prime for a number of years, I never calculated whether I saved money on the shipping benefit but that's all I ever use as far as the benefits. When I first got it I was very interested in Prime Video but quickly learned that the stuff that I wanted to watch wasn't free. The free selection was very limited and not very interesting to me. I probably should take another look at it since I haven't looked for awhile.

Let me see if I can find that box for you. I chanced upon it.

BRB

Seems that it was inside the sign up page. Being a member now I can't find it.

The one feature i didn't think i'd use was the amazon music, but after getting an echo dot, i actually have a use for it. I just say 'alexa play such and such', and it plays through my stereo.

Back
Top Bottom