Am I the only one...

I've always thought whether I need to run AV software or not.

I mean... my computer is plugged into my wireless router, which has two firewalls in it.

I run an avast! scan on anything I download but I rarely run the full system scan.

My mentality is similar. I've got a router (wireless), too, and I never run full scans with avast. The only time I ever need it is on the internet. And if comes up with something (such as an infected or suspicious pop-up's IP, etc.), it just pops up a box and let's me disconnect that site's connection. That is by far what I use and love the most about avast. It doesn't wait until you are infected before it tells you you have a virus/spyware/malware/other intrusion.

I use Trend Micro 2009, and run a full system scan everyday. The only thing it ever finds is cookies :D
But better to be safe then sorry.

I use it on anything that's got important stuff on it, just to be sure. But I agree - if you use common sense then that'll get you out of 99% of cases!

I use it on anything that's got important stuff on it, just to be sure. But I agree - if you use common sense then that'll get you out of 99% of cases!

This is the main computer that I have so I am extra careful, I have everything I need here.

All the things I use to keep computer clean and safe.

Software:
AVG Free.
Spybot Search and Destroy.
Uniblue RegistryCleaner, SpeedUpMyPC, and DriverScanner.
Sandboxie.
Revo uninstaller.
Windows Firewall.

Hardware:
Linksys Firewall.

Mental:
Common sense.

Since most computer errors are PEBKAC, I usually have no problems.

I am always downloading stuff, no not like "10,000 visitor crap". But torrents, things from sites that are sometimes not safe. So I use a lot of stuff to, one keep my computer safe, two to check software before I run it, and third, software to run software to keep it from my computer. (SandBoxie)

Back
Top Bottom