Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-04-2009, 01:42 AM   #31
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Default Re: Alternatives to Soldering?

Yeah, I went to the belkin site to enter my zip code to get my top 4 best frequencies, and so far, they all have static.

The people I talked to said that the FCC made the signal really weak to avoid radio pirates listening to our music.
So they said to solder an wire to the inductor or to short it out.

My friends and I have MP3 players that have radio, and when one is connected to the transmitter while the other tuned to the selected frequency. There are slight static when they are right next to each other. At first I thought it was just the one I bought, but from the reviews I read, they said the other more expensive ones are close to the same.
I don't know, I might avoid adding an antenna and instead just add an wire like what the 2 guys did on the links I posted.

Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Teny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:27 PM   #32
Golden Master

also you do realise that you are physicaly in a 'soup' of radio waves...and that every frequency has been taken, there are no 'free' or 'open' channels, there all taken up by some form of transmission or another, the only way that u get to use a 'blank' station is that your transmitter overpowers the channel an lets your transmitter to transmit.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:12 PM   #33
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

and doesnt modding it overpower the other frequencies?
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Old 04-04-2009, 06:57 PM   #34
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperviper21 View Post
oh, um, cut your lead BEFORE soldering, if u cut after, you can get micro fractures in your connection an worsen reception. clean the area to be soldered with rubbing alcohol to get a good connection

an um not just sayin this stuff, i am certified J-STD-001 soldering and an Associates in Applied Science specializing in electronics
meh, ive always cut my leads after soldering.. makes it alot easier if you have an awkwardly positioned component which you have to solder, which can happen where i work..

also.. the best solvent for removing flux is this stuff:

http://65.213.72.112/tds5/docs/7063-EN.PDF

and for liquid ingress (water based.. like coffee)

http://www.crceurope.com/csp/web/Pro...brand=AMBERSIL

that stuff is immense... you can go from having a unit covered in coffee to it being clean and useable in 5 minuites, this stuff, a brush and an air line lol..

btw.. my job is maintaining and fixing radio equipment for commercial airlines.. and a fair bit of my job is working on RF units.

Winston Churchill, 11/30/1874 - 01/24/1965
mark thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:06 AM   #35
Bogan

Send a message via MSN to Neodude112320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teny View Post
The car aint mine...

thats similar to what I have, the one I have plugs into the zune headphone, and it can go with either battery or plugged in the cigarette place.
But theres too much static so all I hear is static and barely any music, so if I increased the range, then there wont be as much static.
Why dont you ask the person that owns the car if they would like a free radio upgrade?

but seriously,if the transmitter you bought is doing what it's meant to (No Broadcasting properly) take it back and buy a new one.I Bought a cheap $8 one on ebay,i could broadcast about 15 Feet no problem (No static).
Old 04-05-2009, 12:32 AM   #36
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

One car is my friends moms car where we think she should get an new car, and the other 2 car my parents, and they dont want me to mess with anything since they care about resale value.

I was thinking of returning it, and just buy an new one elsewhere, but I think it might be a bit too late to return in. I had this for over 2 weeks, and I think Walmarts policy for this type of thing is 15 days.

Quote:
ELECTRONICS

* Computer hardware: Must be returned with any included software within 15 days of receipt.
* Computer components and computer accessories: Must be returned within 45 days of receipt.
* Computer software: Must be returned unopened.
* Camcorders and digital cameras: Must be returned within 30 days of receipt.
* GPS units, digital music players and portable video players: Must be returned within 15 days of receipt.
Pretty much this was the cheapest I found, and I dont really know how to research on these type of things.

EDIT - I think I have found an temporarily fix for it, as I stated (I think), the antenna cable is with the Aux cable, so I took my skullcandy headphone extender, and connected it. It somehow seemed to increase the range, but I only tried it at home, where there isnt much frequency going on. I'm going to try this on the car tomorrow, and see how it works.