Alternative to FRAPS

Okay, I have FRAPS. And it is great for screen shots. But for some reason. When I take videos. If I have 30 FPS it goes down to 15, if I have 70 FPS it goes down to 15.

WTF??

No matter how high my FPS are it goes down to 15 and below when I make a video.

Do you guys know of anyother ingame recorders out there that are worth downloading?

Thanks

Snag It (techsmith) is a good one as well...

I'm sorry to say it's pretty much a fact of life though that your vieod card may be displaying 70FPS (which is more than your eye can feasibl resolve) but if you give it more than twice as much work to do in as far as rendering and saving images to the disk as well then your FPS rate will suffer...

yeah root is right, that draws a lot of system resources which will slow down your game. reduce the quality of the video, and you should get higher FPS.

and root, sorry if this was already explained, why do you have 2 rep bars?

root said:
Snag It (techsmith) is a good one as well...

I'm sorry to say it's pretty much a fact of life though that your vieod card may be displaying 70FPS (which is more than your eye can feasibl resolve) but if you give it more than twice as much work to do in as far as rendering and saving images to the disk as well then your FPS rate will suffer...

Yes, I know, humans can not tell apart 25fps from 100fps.

But what I was saying was, it was werid how no matter what my FPS was it always went to 15. Anyway, I changed the recorded quailty from full to half. And now it does not effect FPS near as much.

Back
Top Bottom