Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 06:30 AM   #41
Golden Master

Default Re: AllthingsSacred

Maurice, you forgot to finish he job on the nude thread!

Old 10-31-2007, 06:30 AM   #42
Golden Master

Old 10-31-2007, 06:44 AM   #43
Golden Master

Old 10-31-2007, 09:05 AM   #44
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe

and a double post to top it off

yes, ATS's post was unsavoury, however, he is perfectly justified to be pissed about brook continually being allowed to get away with this, ive said my views on brook, alot of times, and im getting bored with the situation, something needs to be done, otherwise were gonna start loosing members, and to start loosing members over some old guy who cant even post without using a bagillion commors and double posting shouldnt be allowed to happen.. mods are supposed to be here to lead by example, not to break the rules of the forum and call people Nazi's, as brook has done..

Old 10-31-2007, 12:56 PM   #45
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to Steff

How come Brook is only a Guru now? I've just noticed lol
Old 10-31-2007, 01:01 PM   #46
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via MSN to DJ-CHRIS Send a message via Yahoo to DJ-CHRIS

^^^ Agreed.

EDIT: Kinda stupid agreeing to the thing that got deleted.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:08 PM   #47
Fully Optimized

Send a message via ICQ to DJ Stephen Send a message via AIM to DJ Stephen Send a message via MSN to DJ Stephen Send a message via Yahoo to DJ Stephen

To be honest this is exactly what I think:

ATS, i'm sure he comes on each evening, goes to Brook's profile and looks through his recent posts, then replies to each one making Brook seem the bad guy, to be honest it's not cool and it's pretty obvious he does it.

He deserved the ban.

Maurice is yes, slightly older than most of us and he maybe isn't SO good with computers, but maybe the idea of him joining this forum was to get better? As far as I can remember from being a moderator, when someone reports a post, it shows their email as whom it's from, maybe Brook just replied to that.

Also, Mentioning past relationships etc. This is a computer forums and people if asked may want to talk about their life but I think it is completely out of order to make rude comments about people using their old wife who died as a reason for something... people DO get problems and mental problems from this, so really it could be true.

Most people on this forum are starting to support brookfield now. I often get told off on forums for double posting and I just laugh in their face, to be honest i think it is a stupid rule. From having one block more of html on a page is going to be the difference from crashing the server / user's computer or not? Exactly.

The people who hate him, you carry on and do that. He doesn't care in my opinion. The thing is, not to make a big deal of it and rip him on every occasion that it is possible to.

That's my two cents, and I don't want anyone to bad rep or argue it. Thanks
Old 10-31-2007, 03:45 PM   #48
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to dude_se Send a message via MSN to dude_se

ok i havent been here so havent been keeping up to date, but it looks like ATS was banned for speaking his mind, like he usually does. he goes ott at times, so fair enough maybe this will teach him for next time. as for the whole brookfield thing, i want proof of the hack, just like other people. then ill believe it
Old 10-31-2007, 04:09 PM   #49
muz
Golden Master

Hey where did my post before go ? , the one befre DJ chris's
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark thorpe View Post
about the whole hacking rubbish..

there have been no different IP's apart from brookfield's home IP.
there have been no strange or out of the ordinary posts (just the usual crap he posts)
nobody has been banned using brooks account
somebody used brooks account name to sign up to georgemonks forum he made. brook over reacted to this and figured out that his account over here had been 'hacked'

there was no hacking, and he is confusing himself even more.. one minuite he is saying david said he was definatley hacked, the next he is saying it was definatley not, etc, etc.

there have been no different IP's used, and there has been no weird activity from his account (apart from the usual crap he posts).

there was no hacking..... a fundamental misunderstanding of how computers work caused this total over reaction from him, and he hasnt had any of his powers taken away, so david cant be that convinced.. all that has happened is that the title has been changed..
exactly brook is just causing even more confusion now by one minute saying he hasnt been hacked and next minute saying he has so maybe david should post to clear all this up
and brook if david has proof you havent been hacked why hasnt your mod title been changed back then ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Stephen View Post
To be honest this is exactly what I think:

ATS, i'm sure he comes on each evening, goes to Brook's profile and looks through his recent posts, then replies to each one making Brook seem the bad guy, to be honest it's not cool and it's pretty obvious he does it.

He deserved the ban.
Actaully if you look he did make some helpfull posts in other threads but i believe part of his problem with brookfiel stems from the fact that brookfield choses not to follow the rules around here
Quote:
Maurice is yes, slightly older than most of us and he maybe isn't SO good with computers, but maybe the idea of him joining this forum was to get better? As far as I can remember from being a moderator, when someone reports a post, it shows their email as whom it's from, maybe Brook just replied to that.
Yes just cos he is older and not as good with computers dosent mean he can be excused from breaking the rules does it though , and dosent mean he should be allowed to get away with any of his other rubbish
And if he isnt that good with computers why make him up to be a moderator ?
Quote:
Also, Mentioning past relationships etc. This is a computer forums and people if asked may want to talk about their life but I think it is completely out of order to make rude comments about people using their old wife who died as a reason for something... people DO get problems and mental problems from this, so really it could be true.
If you dont want people to comment on things like that the only way to be sure is not make people aware of it , there is no need for brookfield to continualy bring up his late wife but he does
Quote:
Most people on this forum are starting to support brookfield now. I often get told off on forums for double posting and I just laugh in their face, to be honest i think it is a stupid rule. From having one block more of html on a page is going to be the difference from crashing the server / user's computer or not? Exactly.

The people who hate him, you carry on and do that. He doesn't care in my opinion. The thing is, not to make a big deal of it and rip him on every occasion that it is possible to.

That's my two cents, and I don't want anyone to bad rep or argue it. Thanks
I think you will find most people areound here actualy dont support what brookfield does , even some of the moderation team dont agree or support him so he must be doing something wrong
Personally i dont think anyone hates brookfield they hate the fact that nothing is ever done about his constand rule breaking hich i think they are entitled to just cos he is a moderator dosent suddenly make him above the rules -
Well double posting is part of the rules that david has decided upon and if you chose not to follow them then you should be dealt with acordingly ,
there are laws you may disagree with however if you chose not to follow them you face the consequences well its the same around here you dont follow the rules you face the consequences
Old 10-31-2007, 04:20 PM   #50
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Yeah, he doesn't know much about computers and thats why you join a forum to learn more, but all the time I've seen Brook here, it doesn't seem like he's learned much (and I've been here longer than he has). I rarely see him post in the computer related sections and the majority of his posts are in the Social Lounge. So you tell me if he's learned about computers or not.

He wouldn't have been such a bad moderator if he actually followed the rules. There were multiple occasions where he banned and warned members for not posting consecutive times and not doing this and that, yet he continued to do it himself, ignoring the outcry from fellow moderators and members alike to use the 'Edit' button instead if he wanted to add something to his post.

As for the whole hacking debacle, show me screenshots or it never happened. All it is to me is another example of him wanting attention.

Closed Thread