To all of you who ONLY post in the social lounge.. (IMO) Just somethin I have noticed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: To all of you who ONLY post in the social lounge.. (IMO) Just somethin I have noticed

Alright, why don't we make a poll to have post count not actually count in the social lounge? That way we can't say we're all social lounge people.

Re: To all of you who ONLY post in the social lounge.. (IMO) Just somethin I have noticed

I couldn't care less about post counting in the Social Lounge. I don't care if you guys post in the Social lounge. It's not an obligation in here.

Wow, almost everyone has managed to take this the wrong way. Well I can tell you all right now im not here to be your best friend. Although, im not going on any power trips.

Why so much tunnel vision. I mean your just looking at one thing. And your thinking that its like bad to post in the social lounge.

NO!

Edit-
Im having a really hard time how this is even considered a powertrip. I mean it would be if I banned you. But I havent done that, so that was a rather stupid statment.

ArrizX said:
You are all members of computerforums.org. Whats that in the URL. Computer.

Im sorry to say, but you cant continue just to post in the Social Lounge. You know who you are. Please post in the General Hardware/Software to the best of your knowledge. Its just im afraid this forum is going to turn into a Social Forum. And from someones first impression thats what it may look like.

Just that I see many fewer new topics in the General Hardware/Software then the Social Lounge.

Just something to keep in the back of your head.
Definition of social:- "relating to, or designed for activities in which people meet each other for pleasure & recreation" [Consise Oxford Dictionary]

We can't stop members posting in the social lounge, just because you've noticed less posts in the G.H.& S forum, fact.

Yes of course, CF is primarily concerned with computers etc, & their specific problems, every forum site has it's social lounge, under one guise or another, at CV it's called "The Lobby", it's an essential component of the package as a whole, David wouldn't have included it if he hadn't have thought it necessary.

Perhaps you ought to re-think your idea?

Or just reword it again.

I see too many people worried about post count. I guess thats why I made the thread. To kinda open your eyes to the rest of the forum, instead of getting engaged in covorsations and making your post count sky rocket. I mean sure, posting about computers would get your post count up too, but in a different way.

People do care abotut the General Computing section, but most people on this forum don't post anything in there because they don't have problems. It tends to be people that have just made an account, where the questions usually come in.

Alot goes on in this social lounge, so is why alot of activity goes on here.
I'm sure alot of people if they could help with a problem would.

I do get what your saying though, but it did seem like you were attacking at first :p

some members may want to be an active part of this community, but may not have any questions to post at this time, and they also may be more of a novice, and not have many answers to peoples questions.

geeze arrizX, ur gettin owned right now. lol. im on ur side, but i dont know what to say. lol.

i think what ur trying to do is tell everybody to try to help the people in other sections. and that if they do that already, then thats great. but if they dont have anything to contribute, then thats fine too.

badninja3 said:
geeze arrizX, ur gettin owned right now. lol. im on ur side, but i dont know what to say. lol.

i think what ur trying to do is tell everybody to try to help the people in other sections. and that if they do that already, then thats great. but if they dont have anything to contribute, then thats fine too.

Lol too true :D Oh well, thanks for the needed backup ;)

HAhaha, anyways you said a great thing. Thats what im trying to say. Just trying to get people more involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom