To all of you who ONLY post in the social lounge.. (IMO) Just somethin I have noticed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: To all of you who ONLY post in the social lounge.. (IMO) Just somethin I have noticed

All I do is just click "New Posts", and if theres anything that I feel I want to reply to, then I can. Things around here are getting strict with all these rules. Let's just all chill for a while.

Re: To all of you who ONLY post in the social lounge.. (IMO) Just somethin I have noticed

Not to mention, There is are rules that if you dont break a rule your breaking a rule

Think about that one for a minute

ive noticed people becoming gurus so quickly just by posting in the social lounge. im not a guru yet but i dont care. i hardly post in the social lounge and only post elsewhere when i feel i can help

Man, it's a forum, there are going to be threads in all sections, wether there are more in one area than others all depends on the forum. Just let it slide, there are alot of people posting in other areas, I try not and post in the social lounge as much as possible. Although if I see a thread like this that I'm interested in, I'll post back.

yea same with me. i do think if people want to be part of this forum they should also share knowledge andnot just use it as a chatroom. i try to do both.

I know jack all about computers, i read the other sections of the forum and try to learn something, its why i'm here, but also i'm interested in other aspects of people on the forums life, so i feel the *social lounge* is a great way to learn about other people who live a fair distance from me. I feel it would be rude not to get yourself known a bit first before asking questions, its just good manners.

Is this a new rule then, that we have to post in specific areas of the forums, I for one post in computer help sections when I have the answers, and I am not going to start posting about subjects that I don't know jack about.

The forum is a community, and the social lounge is part of that, if you don't like the number of posts in the social section, then make a suggestion that posts in the social section do not count towards the overall post count of the member. That way at least by reaching 'Guru' status then other people can be assured that it was because of their in knowledge in regards to their computer knowledge not because they are avid posters in the social lounge.

I would really think about advising members not to post so much in the social lounge very carefully.

i arrix is trying to say that you cannot just post in this section but you have to try and share your knowledge all over the forums because this is a computer forum after all.

Yeah, if you don't want people to post there then don't have a section.

I know for one, social lounges can be more popular than general, because people always have something to talk about, and they dont always have a problem with their computer - take my forum as an example..

http://computertalk.myfreeforum.org

then look at ComputerVitals

http://computervitals.com/forum/index.php

You will see there is alot more action in social than in General.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom