Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-27-2006, 07:14 PM   #21
Daemon Poster
 
GlasseyeUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,208
Send a message via MSN to GlasseyeUK
Default Re: For all those out there who hate american pitbulls

I personally agree with Mark, its all about the owners, or previous owner, you can teach a pup to become a vicious killer, a hunter, a guard dog, whatever, if you treat a dog mean then its going to be brought up mean, the same with human beings, you get the mean SOB, you get the caring, the loving the peaceful, its all about the influences around it.

I am sorry for the family it happened to, but it all harks back to the mass hysteria several years ago where there was suddenly a flurry of maimings by so called vicious dogs, yet they don't go onto to explain how the owners deprived them of food, jabbed them with sharp sticks, abused them, tortured them, to get them how they are today.

It is the perversity of the human race that we cannot accept any responsibility for how things turn out to be.......be cruel to a creature and it will be cruel back, wether that be human being, dog, cat, snake etc.

In terms of eradicating them, wtf, I am sorry, but yeah lets get rid of the tigers, the lions, the snakes, all those dangerous breeds, what right do we have to say oh, I am sorry they don't deserve to exist on this planet, yet we forget the biggest predators on this planet are the human race.

Every creature on this planet has a place, a role, yet it is us that insist on forcing them into unnatural scenarios.........
__________________

__________________
AMD Athlon 64, 2200 (11x200) 3700+,ASRock 939S56-M, SiS 756 AMD Hammer,NVIDIA GeForce 6600LE, 2048(DDR SDRAM), Maxtor 5A300J0 300GB 5400RPM, Ultra ATA/133)

Time tells all, but if the moment in time passes and you miss it, then you will remember it for ever!!
GlasseyeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 07:16 PM   #22
Daemon Poster
 
GlasseyeUK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,208
Send a message via MSN to GlasseyeUK
Default Re: For all those out there who hate american pitbulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCNoob
I don't think you can take the wildness from a dog. One thing may happen that we may never know that causes the dog to snap and just bite stuff. Sometimes they may never snap but there's always the possibility.

But, yeah, probably bigger dogs have more of a tendancy to be aggresive just because that's the way they are.

Na I disagree with this also, the meanest lil f******s I had to deal with was jack russels, evil lil things, yet don't reach higher then my ankles, so to say that bigger dogs have meaner temperments, look at Gt Danes, St Bernards.......naaa.......thats just doesn't equate
__________________

__________________
AMD Athlon 64, 2200 (11x200) 3700+,ASRock 939S56-M, SiS 756 AMD Hammer,NVIDIA GeForce 6600LE, 2048(DDR SDRAM), Maxtor 5A300J0 300GB 5400RPM, Ultra ATA/133)

Time tells all, but if the moment in time passes and you miss it, then you will remember it for ever!!
GlasseyeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 07:39 PM   #23
Daemon Poster
 
allenn812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 935
Default Re: For all those out there who hate american pitbulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlasseyeUK
I personally agree with Mark, its all about the owners, or previous owner, you can teach a pup to become a vicious killer, a hunter, a guard dog, whatever, if you treat a dog mean then its going to be brought up mean, the same with human beings, you get the mean SOB, you get the caring, the loving the peaceful, its all about the influences around it.

I am sorry for the family it happened to, but it all harks back to the mass hysteria several years ago where there was suddenly a flurry of maimings by so called vicious dogs, yet they don't go onto to explain how the owners deprived them of food, jabbed them with sharp sticks, abused them, tortured them, to get them how they are today.

It is the perversity of the human race that we cannot accept any responsibility for how things turn out to be.......be cruel to a creature and it will be cruel back, wether that be human being, dog, cat, snake etc.

In terms of eradicating them, wtf, I am sorry, but yeah lets get rid of the tigers, the lions, the snakes, all those dangerous breeds, what right do we have to say oh, I am sorry they don't deserve to exist on this planet, yet we forget the biggest predators on this planet are the human race.

Every creature on this planet has a place, a role, yet it is us that insist on forcing them into unnatural scenarios.........
I dont totally agree, i do believe most of it relise on how it was raised, but i just watched the news on how lady was attacked by her rottwielers. Which never showed any agression. One of them had to be shot becuase it wouldent let go of the lady. I have a german shepard, he would never bite me, but if someone walks in are yard, there in for it. Alot of times, dogs just feel the need to protect there owners, thats why there attacked. But i do believe some dogs are just more agressive, and are more inclind to attack.
__________________
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Oc'd to 2.9ghz
ECS 570 SLIT Motherboard
2 gig of Corsair ddr2 677
Western Digital 250 Gig HD
Evga 8800GTS 640mb Oc'd to 615/1000
allenn812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 02:44 AM   #24
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Thumbs up Re: For all those out there who hate american pitbulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenn812
I dont totally agree, i do believe most of it relise on how it was raised, but i just watched the news on how lady was attacked by her rottwielers. Which never showed any agression. One of them had to be shot becuase it wouldent let go of the lady. I have a german shepard, he would never bite me, but if someone walks in are yard, there in for it. Alot of times, dogs just feel the need to protect there owners, thats why there attacked. But i do believe some dogs are just more agressive, and are more inclind to attack.
You've given a very balanced opinion, I agree with you 100%, so here is a rep point, & you've gone up a level, OK?
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 10:13 AM   #25
Fully Optimized
 
Spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,641
Default Re: For all those out there who hate american pitbulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by root
indeed.. different dogs are breed for different things...

American Pitbulls were pretty much bred to be agressive as fighting dogs.
rotweilers werebred in roman times as army dogs.
But one thing....the american pitbull has to close its mouth all the way before it can open it again, (jaw-lock) just like a horse.
__________________
Thermaltake ARMOR/ mATX intelG33 Motherboard/4gb G.SKILL High Gaming Performance ddr2-1200/Radeon 3870 1gb edition/850w Thermaltake superduty psu

PokerDegenerate: Don't listen to these guys, I like the IDE makes it look vintage like a 68 Camaro SS...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 01:12 PM   #26
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: For all those out there who hate american pitbulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec
But one thing....the american pitbull has to close its mouth all the way before it can open it again, (jaw-lock) just like a horse.
Which makes them ideal for the disgusting so-called "sport" for which they are bred, & I understand that cock-fighting still takes place in the States, where steel spurs are fitted to the best birds, we in England do have a small quantity of illegal dog-fight sites, scattered through the countryside but no organised events.
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 04:38 AM   #27
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: For all those out there who hate american pitbulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlasseyeUK
I personally agree with Mark, its all about the owners, or previous owner, you can teach a pup to become a vicious killer, a hunter, a guard dog, whatever, if you treat a dog mean then its going to be brought up mean, the same with human beings, you get the mean SOB, you get the caring, the loving the peaceful, its all about the influences around it.

I am sorry for the family it happened to, but it all harks back to the mass hysteria several years ago where there was suddenly a flurry of maimings by so called vicious dogs, yet they don't go onto to explain how the owners deprived them of food, jabbed them with sharp sticks, abused them, tortured them, to get them how they are today.

It is the perversity of the human race that we cannot accept any responsibility for how things turn out to be.......be cruel to a creature and it will be cruel back, wether that be human being, dog, cat, snake etc.

In terms of eradicating them, wtf, I am sorry, but yeah lets get rid of the tigers, the lions, the snakes, all those dangerous breeds, what right do we have to say oh, I am sorry they don't deserve to exist on this planet, yet we forget the biggest predators on this planet are the human race.

Every creature on this planet has a place, a role, yet it is us that insist on forcing them into unnatural scenarios.........
I agree, I thought Seti's post was excellent, the part about eradicating them all by killing them, is not he answer except in cases where the owners that see their pets getting more aggresive as they get past the puppy stage, then they should think strongly about putting them down, kids will get over it, no, I think the only answer is to stop the legal & illegal breeding, it'll be very difficult with the illegal breeders, there must be hundreds spread over a very wide area, in hard to get to areas, but something must be done, & the sooner we start it, the sooner we'll be rid of this menace, & the sooner lives will be saved, a comparison to the tasmanian devil [not Taz!] isn't far out.
I've just heard that the Canadian Kennel Club had public meetings in Ontario on the subject of dangerous dogs, lasting several days, & at the end, they were no nearer a solution, so if they're having great problems, then, as I said we have to start now.
__________________

Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0