Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-20-2011, 01:58 PM   #11
In Runtime

Default Re: All Things Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01001010 View Post
Downloading Lion right now. God, I wish they still used discs.
How do you install it then without knowing how to burn yourself a copy? I'm talking about the people who don't even know the basics but want the newest update.

krone6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:01 PM   #12
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by krone6 View Post
How do you install it then without knowing how to burn yourself a copy? I'm talking about the people who don't even know the basics but want the newest update.
It's on the Mac app store, just download it and run as an update xD

Mac is much easier to do everything on than any other OS for the most part.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #13
In Runtime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Darkseeker~ View Post
It's on the Mac app store, just download it and run as an update xD

Mac is much easier to do everything on than any other OS for the most part.
Oh, i thought it was an entire new OS. Didn't know it was just an update. Wow, they really do make everything sound bigger than it really is i guess.
krone6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 02:21 PM   #14
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Oh, i thought it was an entire new OS. Didn't know it was just an update. Wow, they really do make everything sound bigger than it really is i guess.
Well, it's a whole new OS; but in the form of an update.

Like if you're running Vista and buy a Windows 7 upgrade license.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:38 PM   #15
Daemon Poster

Send a message via ICQ to The_Lucas Send a message via MSN to The_Lucas Send a message via Yahoo to The_Lucas

I had a goal set to get a MacBook, but since they've discontinued it and I see how superior the MacBook Pro is, I've changed priorities.

Always liked my Mac, even though it is a PowerMac G4 made in 1999 with dual 1.3 GHz CPUs, 1.75 GB RAM, running 10.5, with the crappy ATI Rage 128 stock GPU. Since this laptop has a bad memory slot and 512MB RAM isn't cutting it, I plan to buy a MBP in the next year or so.

And I like what I've seen of Lion. Really nice.
http://lucasbytegeni.us
Quote:
Doesn't "loatheing" something the same as "love?" Whenever i hear it be used the person "loves" that product or service or whatever it is they're talking about.
The_Lucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 10:31 AM   #16
Fully Optimized

The Macbook Air is presenting the cheapest Macbook option now, the 11 inch ones. But, the 13 inch MBA is actually really nice these days.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:00 AM   #17
muz
Golden Master

Never really liked the look of the macbook anyway tbh , looked a bit like a childs toy if you ask me . Was all about the aluminum notebooks for me .

In terms of lion cant wait for payday to get that installed on my machine , and only 20.99 what a bargain honestly

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Lucas View Post
I had a goal set to get a MacBook, but since they've discontinued it and I see how superior the MacBook Pro is, I've changed priorities.

Always liked my Mac, even though it is a PowerMac G4 made in 1999 with dual 1.3 GHz CPUs, 1.75 GB RAM, running 10.5, with the crappy ATI Rage 128 stock GPU. Since this laptop has a bad memory slot and 512MB RAM isn't cutting it, I plan to buy a MBP in the next year or so.

And I like what I've seen of Lion. Really nice.
If you still want a macbook you will still be able to get hold of one through the refurbished apple store , or at least when I checked the UK one this morning they still had macbooks listed. Some other retailers will still have macbooks in stock as well amazon for instance still have them listed on their website
Old 07-23-2011, 10:48 AM   #18
j03
~~~~~~~~

Send a message via MSN to j03

j03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 03:56 PM   #19
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀

I downloaded Lion shortly after the release and I'm just starting to get used to some of the new features, but there are a few things I don't like so far.

Mission Control - Love that it groups like items to select them easier plus the double tap on the magic mouse to access
Windows Mail - They've made the mail app more like the iPad and find it easier to navigate
Facetime - Integrated so I can chat with iPhone, iPad and other Mac users even if they don't use iChat directly

Dislikes:
Natural Scrolling - Enabled by default and it's basically code for inverted scrolling, which doesn't work (well it works, but I'm used to standard scrolling). Thankfully you can change it back to standard scrolling.
New Gestures - I lost my three finger swipe to jump to the top/bottom of a page without scrolling up/down, two finger magic mouse left/right swipes to go back/forward in a browser window and the four finger swipe to shove everything outside of my view.
LaunchPad - I really fail to see the point in this, but I guess if they're looking to get iPad users converted to a Mac it's basically the same interface.
Dashboard - Now jumps to another window, which makes some of my widgets like Screenshot Plus, Calculator etc useless because I can't see what's on my main screen anymore. Edit - Looks like you can change this back to the standard overlay in system preferences.
ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 06:39 PM   #20
Golden Master

I've gotten used to the inverted scrolling, but I absolutely loathe full-screen applications. It's worthless, especially if you use more than one monitor.

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote