Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-30-2009, 02:23 PM   #21
Golden Master

Default Re: All Things Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemp View Post
your one of the few who uses mac here
Again, what's your point?

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:25 PM   #22
j03
~~~~~~~~

Send a message via MSN to j03

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemp View Post
your one of the few who uses mac here
It's probably because of the attitude a lot of people here have towards those who use mac's, tbh.

j03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:45 PM   #23
Daemon Poster

I didn't mean anything like that, I was just saying very few people here use them

'"Crapbox 2.0.....Until you put Mac OS X on it, then its called a Mac Pro." -cavemangrinder

"You were sick, but now you're well again, and there's work to do." - Kurt Vonnegut
hemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 03:37 PM   #24
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to superman22x Send a message via Yahoo to superman22x

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01001010 View Post
What's your point?

Edit: Let me guess, you're trying to paint the portrait of an average Mac user. One that's extremely naive, devoted, and supposedly incompetent at using an average computer.

Spot on, huh?

In all honesty, you are a unique mac user. Apple is really good at marketing. They "look" cool, and are supposedly virus free and simple to use. Most people don't know a thing about what they are buying, just that it's a MAC, it fits in an envelope, it looks professional... My friend just bought a Macbook Pro for $2700... he could have gotten the same hardware in a Sony Vaio for $1700... except it would have had a blu-ray player as well, and a 7200 RPM drive instead of 5400 RPM which the guy at the MAC store said would make no difference.

A lot of Apple users buy based on looks.

And the whole virus thing... well, most people do online banking on windows computers, so why target MAC users? More of the population is on Windows. If MACs were as common as Windows, viruses on Macs would also be as common.

I say you are a unique user, because you like your MACs for a legit reason, not just for looks.

My teacher told us a story... She saw a new MAC in the window of a store, and it looked so cool, she had to have it, and she spent $2000 on it. End of story... there was no legit reason there to spend $2k, IMO
Old 08-30-2009, 03:45 PM   #25
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman22x View Post
I say you are a unique user, because you like your MACs for a legit reason, not just for looks.
There are plenty of "legitimate" users out there. This forum is full of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman22x View Post
A lot of Apple users buy based on looks.
The same could be said about those who buy notebooks from Sony or Dell. Face it, people don't want to carry something that looks like a piece of shit. While looks and aesthetics have some impact, it's not the primary reason why most people purchase Macs. Let me switch the question around - I'm sure you wouldn't buy a case that looks like a pile of junk, would you?

The problem I have is how people automatically associate the words "ignorant", "fanboy" or "naive" when they're discussing Mac users. That's simply not true, and it's a blatant stereotype. It's just like how people assume those who use Windows are stay-at-home nerds with nothing else better to do. It's annoying and gets irritating to hear on a daily basis.

Old 08-30-2009, 04:35 PM   #26
muz
Golden Master

Quote:
What's your point?

Edit: Let me guess, you're trying to paint the portrait of an average Mac user. One that's extremely naive, devoted, and supposedly incompetent at using an average computer.

Spot on, huh?

Well seeing as that was the basis of the whole apple switch ads a while ago apple themselves has created that picture

Aesthetics is a good reason to buy something especially if your spending 2k on it and you have to use it every day ,but at the same time it also shouldnt be your only reason for buying it im sure you will agree , weve all seen idiots both sides of the spectrum pc and mac who have bought their machines just because they look good it isnt uniquely a mac thing buying a computer because it looks good

Dont get me wrong im not a mac hater ive said this enough times round here if i had the money and i was in the market for a new computer id consider macs , i did last time i was building a computer or buying my laptop and i decided at the time it was out of my budget
Old 08-30-2009, 04:44 PM   #27
Fully Optimized

I like the latest Mac Pro. The processing power in this machine is just immense!

Having said that I reckon $29 is worth it for the OS upgrade.

"Windows Vista users upgrade to Windows 7 for $29?"

Old 08-30-2009, 04:52 PM   #28
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by muz View Post
Well seeing as that was the basis of the whole apple switch ads a while ago apple themselves has created that picture

If we base everything off of advertisements, I guess PC users are cheap asses who can't afford to buy high end notebooks.

I guess Microsoft themselves created that stereotype.

Old 08-30-2009, 04:59 PM   #29
muz
Golden Master

Quote:
If we base everything off of advertisements, I guess PC users are cheap asses who can't afford to buy high end notebooks.

I guess Microsoft themselves created that stereotype.
whats wrong with having a budget and sticking to it then ? , not everyone needs a high end notebook , my notebook is far from high end yet it does for what i need and it met my bedget very nicely does that make me a cheap ass who cant afford to buy a high end notebook ? hell thats not even what those ads show anyway those ads for me show sensible users with a set budget going into a shop and looking at the various options available keeping their needs and budgets in mind something i would call a sensible consumer
Old 08-30-2009, 05:04 PM   #30
Golden Master

Quote:
whats wrong with having a budget and sticking to it then ? , not everyone needs a high end notebook , my notebook is far from high end yet it does for what i need and it met my bedget very nicely does that make me a cheap ass who cant afford to buy a high end notebook ?
Where did I say it was wrong to have a budget notebook?

Quote:
hell thats not even what those ads show anyway
Sorry, but those advertisements seem to portray PC users that way.

Keep in mind - you brought up the advertisements, not me.

« Phone Problem | fml »