Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-30-2009, 01:26 PM   #11
Golden Master
 
01001010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,888
Default Re: All Things Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemp View Post
Brother GF bought a mac because it was an apple computer and it had iChat. Only reasons she had for buying it.
What's your point?

Edit: Let me guess, you're trying to paint the portrait of an average Mac user. One that's extremely naive, devoted, and supposedly incompetent at using an average computer.

Spot on, huh?

__________________

__________________
Stop the genocide now.
↳ www.savedarfur.org

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:41 PM   #12
j03
~~~~~~~~
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Wales
Posts: 5,556
Send a message via MSN to j03
Default Re: All Things Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by eslfish View Post
They are only popular for their webcams for people to take pictures on.
Sure thing.
__________________

j03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:54 PM   #13
Daemon Poster
 
hemp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,304
Default Re: All Things Apple

Yes I am, every person I have met not on the internet has had no valid point for buying a mac except it's a mac and they like it. Only reason, never once has someone responded with a legit reason. Only online they have,
__________________
Current Rig-I call him Q Core for short
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz 2.34 GHz|6.0GB RAM|NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 1GB|1.5TB @ 7200 RPM|Sound Blaster X-Fi-Xtreme Audio|Vista Home Premium

'"Crapbox 2.0.....Until you put Mac OS X on it, then its called a Mac Pro." -cavemangrinder

"You were sick, but now you're well again, and there's work to do." - Kurt Vonnegut
hemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:56 PM   #14
Golden Master
 
01001010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,888
Default Re: All Things Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemp View Post
...it's a mac and they like it.
Seems like a legitimate reason to me.
__________________
Stop the genocide now.
↳ www.savedarfur.org

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:59 PM   #15
Daemon Poster
 
hemp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,304
Default Re: All Things Apple

How? They only say its a mac and they like it with nothing to back it. I ask whats the difference between mac and pc and they normally say something along the lines of pcs are terrible and macs are the best with no proof only what they have seen from biased commercials.
__________________
Current Rig-I call him Q Core for short
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz 2.34 GHz|6.0GB RAM|NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 1GB|1.5TB @ 7200 RPM|Sound Blaster X-Fi-Xtreme Audio|Vista Home Premium

'"Crapbox 2.0.....Until you put Mac OS X on it, then its called a Mac Pro." -cavemangrinder

"You were sick, but now you're well again, and there's work to do." - Kurt Vonnegut
hemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:02 PM   #16
Guru
 
JogaBonito1502's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: U.S.
Posts: 7,841
Default Re: All Things Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01001010 View Post
Seems like a legitimate reason to me.
Agreed. Why would you buy something you don't like?

edit: My friend was looking to buy a laptop. He was undecided between a Mac and a PC, so he asked me what I would suggest. I told him the following:

You could buy a $700 PC for the same specs as a $1k Mac. The advantages of buying a Mac is that it comes pre-loaded with a ton of good software that would cost you a lot more money if you were to buy them after-market for a PC. If you're not looking to use these applications, there is no need to buy a Mac. A PC should suit your needs fine.

He ended up getting an Acer which he loved.

Personally, I prefer a PC. I have used a Mac, but I didn't really like it although it had some great features.
JogaBonito1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:02 PM   #17
Site Team
 
berry120's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: England, UK
Posts: 3,425
Default Re: All Things Apple

Quote:
How? They only say its a mac and they like it with nothing to back it. I ask whats the difference between mac and pc and they normally say something along the lines of pcs are terrible and macs are the best with no proof only what they have seen from biased commercials.
But... PCs are fat blokes!!!

Personally, yes I think macs are overpriced for what they are and as such I steer clear of them. Then again, some people just prefer them because they're used to them, some people need them for their line of work and others are willing to pay extra for the way they look.

I'm personally not prepared to pay extra for any of the above (and I don't need one in my work) so as such, I'm not getting a mac. Doesn't stop them being perfectly legitimate reasons though.
berry120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:03 PM   #18
Golden Master
 
01001010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,888
Default Re: All Things Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemp View Post
...they normally say something along the lines of pcs are terrible and macs are the best with no proof...
Sounds like quite a few PC users to me.
__________________
Stop the genocide now.
↳ www.savedarfur.org

Send comments, suggestions and criticisms.
↳ 01001010listens@gmail.com
01001010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:13 PM   #19
Fully Optimized
 
eslfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,604
Send a message via AIM to eslfish Send a message via MSN to eslfish Send a message via Yahoo to eslfish
Default Re: All Things Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by j03 View Post
Sure thing.
I didn't mean to make it sound like I was trying to argue...lol
__________________
XFIRE: Lindmando STEAM: Lindmando
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
4094MB RAM 500 GB HD ATI Radeon™ HD 5850 8800 GT
Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate
eslfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 02:18 PM   #20
Daemon Poster
 
hemp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,304
Default Re: All Things Apple

your one of the few who uses mac here
__________________

__________________
Current Rig-I call him Q Core for short
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz 2.34 GHz|6.0GB RAM|NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 1GB|1.5TB @ 7200 RPM|Sound Blaster X-Fi-Xtreme Audio|Vista Home Premium

'"Crapbox 2.0.....Until you put Mac OS X on it, then its called a Mac Pro." -cavemangrinder

"You were sick, but now you're well again, and there's work to do." - Kurt Vonnegut
hemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« Phone Problem | fml »
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0