Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 05:26 PM   #11
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe
Default Re: Alcohol + 5 hour energy

vodka red bull is a brilliant drink.. have it when i go out up the town normally, its fine...

Winston Churchill, 11/30/1874 - 01/24/1965
Old 01-10-2009, 09:57 PM   #12
Fully Optimized

I don't like Red Bull or energy drinks in general, I usually mix my vodka with Diet Coke but sometimes I go for orange.

I wouldn't say that spirits get you more wasted than beer, it depends on how you drink it as well.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:13 PM   #13
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK31337 View Post
I don't like Red Bull or energy drinks in general, I usually mix my vodka with Diet Coke but sometimes I go for orange.

I wouldn't say that spirits get you more wasted than beer, it depends on how you drink it as well.
agreed, and in my experience, energy drinks and alcohol = bad hangover, especially yaegerbombs for me (yaeger mixed w/ redbull)

PokerDegenerate: Don't listen to these guys, I like the IDE makes it look vintage like a 68 Camaro SS...
Old 01-11-2009, 05:40 AM   #14
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino

Red Bull and vodka is pretty good, but just know how much you can handle. Mixing a stimulant with a relaxant isn't exactly the smartest thing ever.

I've heard Jagerbombs will mess you up pretty badly though.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:35 AM   #15
Wizard of Wires

I don't drink any more but those 5-hour Energy Extra's are how to gnash your teeth and feel great. I use 2 at a time. Long hours at the grind and I do pay for it later. But I know the outcome and plan ahead for down time.

Expanding on Alvino's observation, the only reason you'd mix the two is trying to over come the downer effect alcohol has. If you manage to do that with the energy drink mixed in, you'll still be impaired and stuck in stupid. Gals don't like that sort of sot.
Besides the one thing everone has missed here. The stimulant effects of the energy drink mixed in can lull you in to thinking you can have more to drink.
Does alcohol poisioning come to mind? It can do brain damage or at the worst KILL your young ass.
Food for thought...
Old 01-11-2009, 12:13 PM   #16
Golden Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Tommy Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by setishock View Post
I don't drink any more but those 5-hour Energy Extra's are how to gnash your teeth and feel great. I use 2 at a time. Long hours at the grind and I do pay for it later. But I know the outcome and plan ahead for down time.

Expanding on Alvino's observation, the only reason you'd mix the two is trying to over come the downer effect alcohol has. If you manage to do that with the energy drink mixed in, you'll still be impaired and stuck in stupid. Gals don't like that sort of sot.
Besides the one thing everone has missed here. The stimulant effects of the energy drink mixed in can lull you in to thinking you can have more to drink.
Does alcohol poisioning come to mind? It can do brain damage or at the worst KILL your young ass.
Food for thought...
Wow, 2 5 hour energy shots at a time? You must not be that sensitive to caffiene. I've never had them so I don't know what they're like. I mostly drink coffee and energy drinks like Monster and Amp.

I still have the same old HP DV9700T laptop I've had for years...still kickin'
Old 01-11-2009, 12:25 PM   #17
Wizard of Wires

I do that when I'm working on a project and I'm not going to be around many people. If you want to try one get the regular strength version first.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:33 PM   #18
Golden Master

Well all I can say is that I think it increased the effect of the alcohol a little bit, I felt a little more messed up than usual for the amount I had.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:19 PM   #19
Wizard of Wires

The effect of a stimulate is to dilate the veins and arteries and make your heart go faster. So more alcohol gets in to your bloodstream faster. And makes its way to your brain faster.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:36 PM   #20
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to D-Lew

Jagerbombs are my favorite I'd have to say. But yeah it's not great for you.

Closed Thread