Aircraft crashes into New York building

I bet that was an explosive end to his career. Talk about going out with a bang.

It certainly did cause a stir, and the first thing many thought was, terrorist attack.

Moments after it happened, news was being broadcasted over nearly every channel, and everyone were saying different things. In any case, I'm glad it wasn't a terrorist attack, although I'm saddened that this happened only a few blocks from my college.

May the souls lost, rest in peace.

^Mike^ said:
i saw this when i got home, sad it was a Yankees baseball player
:( Sad it happened to anybody, the Americans love for their beloved baseball is fully understandable, but the fact that a good citizen was killed under such circumstances, & his family's grief comes first, surely. [not criticizing you Mike, or indeed any American]

That must have been scary, people would instantly think terrorist attack when they heard the news. I know I did.

David Lindon said:
That must have been scary, people would instantly think terrorist attack when they heard the news. I know I did.

well the thought crossed my mind, but I never really thought that it could be a terrorist attack. I don't think that the terrorist wouldn't go through all the trouble just to fly a small airplane into a random building.

mammikoura said:
well the thought crossed my mind, but I never really thought that it could be a terrorist attack. I don't think that the terrorist wouldn't go through all the trouble just to fly a small airplane into a random building.
In the 40's I think it was, a twin engine war plane, a Lockheed Hudson I believe, did a lot of damage to the Empire State Building.

Brookfield said:
In the 40's I think it was, a twin engine war plane, a Lockheed Hudson I believe, did a lot of damage to the Empire State Building.

But isn't that quite a large plane compared to the one that crashed yesterday?
If the plane would have hit some important building, or any other place where it could have killed many or caused alot of financial damage then I could have believed in a terrorist attack. But a small plane hitting a random building? I don't see why any terrorist would do that.

Back
Top Bottom