Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-14-2006, 09:15 PM   #11
Fully Optimized
Default Re: ahh too many languages!!

do VB first and then take C++. VB is like the beginners guide to C++ because it gets you familar with conditions of programs. like today in C++ we did "for" statements and i knew what i was doing because i remember it from VB

Ronco Rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 09:16 PM   #12
Fully Optimized

I'd go with VB. I don't know C++ or C# but I've heard that they're good languages and I hope to learn them sometime and might make that my new year's resolution
I like VB, I've worked with it for a little bit. I'm not really experienced in it but I like it so far, it's really easy to use and you can do a lot with it. I'm using the full version of visual studio 2005 at school and the express version at home and i don't really see a difference except the full one has more languages in it I think. I will get a full version next semester though when I take windows programming which will be nice.

Desktop: Dell Dimension E510, 2.5GB RAM, Intel P4 3.0GHZ, 250GB HDD, Windows Vista Premium. Might not be the best, but the old girl is still running good.
troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 11:06 PM   #13
Fully Optimized

yeah i really like visual studio because a lot of the stuff seems to be already put in, a lot less work for me
We ride, we die {}FORUM 2007{}
boardordi3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 11:02 PM   #14
In Runtime

Originally Posted by boardordi3
okay, i decided i'm going to learn C++, Visual Basic, and/or C#, which would you suggest i learn first?
dude, go up to a pc, and like give him a christmas present, he will return the favor with a C++ GUI programming guide

hope i got that right

i want a laptop is offline   Reply With Quote