after about a month......

hah ya maya is my fav. out of all 3, although i like lightwave for its complexity. ive been using it for like 3 years (4 i think actually) but i really like it because it is most like pixar's program marrionette, and thats the company i want to get into when i am all growed up :D, im 16 now, ive been playing around w/ this stuff since i was 12. so yea 4 years.

jcon89 said:
ty, i was gooing to use a budget, and be careful, but i finally decided to just go for it. everything is now over $1800, and my budget was going to be 1200, so you see how much it changed. and when i decided to go all out, the price went all the way up to 1800 in about 2 hours. haha, i wouldve had a 3000+ , and 1 gig of ram, and stuff like that, but i put it up to a 3700+ , and 2 gigs of ram. (happy i did.) :D

I built my computer for about $650. That includes a nice Sony LCD monitor. I know it doesn't have the greatest specs, but at the same time, it's no toy. The secret is to try to find parts from eBay. I don't recommend getting a processor or hard drive used, but everything else.... it just makes sense. I mean.... look at my setup! I could probably boost my setup to something comparable to what you are getting for about another $300. Maybe $400. I can post links to the exact parts I have with their prices, if anyone's interested, but I don't want to hijack this thread, so ask me to start a new thread if you want me to.

i didnt really want to do it through ebay, and get all the parts on separate days and have to make sure all of the ppl were reliable and such. i just wanted to get it over in 1 shot with a guarentee that the products would be warranteed if they infact are faulty.

Back
Top Bottom