Adding some upgrades to my Car

Distortion88 said:
That would be really ghey...

Because what will make it a stupid ricer is when you see this nice car stopped at a red light, you pull up and rev your engine to race and you beat the POS right off the line and leave him in the dust. I have seen it so many times before and it is a huge embarassment for the driver of the ricer. Why make a car look nice and fast when it isn't at all? And, im sorry but did you say to put the money into things that have use? Ok, audio is useful i agree with that but what are you talking about with body kits and exhaust (i doubt you are saying exhaust because it will result in better air flow)? That really does not make sense.

Dude i dont want a tunner i want a cool clean look of my car why i want rims cause i have hubcaps and they look awfull, exhaust i want a good looking one cause the one i have its pretty ugly and a bit rusted, 1 i dont intend to add body kits you know that will just look like a plain ricer, wing???? i dont want a huge ass wing i want the stock OEM one cause it looks pretty nice.

ArrizX said:
I mean, if you race at interesctions thats great and all, and ill just have a good laugh when you total your car or truck and get suspended from driving for a year and like a 5G fine.

Not everyone races, distortion :rolleyes:

Well the people who crash don't know how to drive..simple enough. And it's not illegal racing, it's just a little speed test off the start, you can slow down at the speed limit.
And you call me retarded? A lot of people care about speed, why do you think car manufacturers have taken an entirely new turn and started making vehicles like the SRT-8s and cars with turbos pre-installed? Well i will tell you, people want a fast vehicles. Even if they don't race (which most don't and that is perfectly fine) it is much more impressive to another person if you are able to boast about what's under the hood rather than that plastic front bumper you just added for "aesthetics". There is so much more that goes on in the car world that you are obviously missing.

Mercury&Solace said:
You make yourself look stupid by your ignorant comments, you say exhaust has no use/bebefits?? Do you know anything about cars? Exhaust adds anywhere from 5-10HP depending on your car/exhaust, better gas mileage, better torque and helps flow. Some higher performance stock cars have duel exhaust (Nissan 350Z) The right spoilers helps control the car at high speeds, and helps it hug the ground, in turn helps handeling.

Oh man you didn't even read what i typed so seriously GFY! What you were talking about was just adding exhaust for looks and sound (because that's all you were about was the "looks") so I said I assumed you weren't suggesting a new exhaust because it helps air flow. Go back and read what i actually typed. So, you are mistaken my friend; you are the one who is stupid.

Now im not saying it is so wrong to put money into making the vehicle look nice and the suggestions i made were only because i think the car looks nice already. Why add a 30 pound spoiler on the back (like Mercury is saying) that will only do so much as weigh the car down and suck back more fuel as a result. A slow car DOES NOT need a spoiler. It will not benefit very much.

I like your ideas Nexus, because you seem to be more into what i like. You talked about just adding a smaller spoiler only for styling appearance, no pointless body kits, don't want to lower(although lowering will help with handling so im not entirely against lowering a vehicle for that purpose), and all the other things you mentioned seems to be pretty cool. Don't listen to the childish ideas that these other people are telling you. Maybe if you were in kindergarten you would be absolutley amazed by flashy colours and smooth edges over anything else.

So anyone else want to bring up something else for me to comment on? Go right ahead...

I called you retarted to take a cheap shot :D sorry, lol

But for real man, torque and fast acceleration is one thing, and overall speed is another.

And the only reason get that kinda stuff is to stay mines better then yours. Alotta people are talk to. Man, IDK, just seems kinda stupid to do stuff to make the car faster. Rather have it looks nice. And good sound.

ArrizX said:
I called you retarted to take a cheap shot :D sorry, lol

But for real man, torque and fast acceleration is one thing, and overall speed is another.

And the only reason get that kinda stuff is to stay mines better then yours. Alotta people are talk to. Man, IDK, just seems kinda stupid to do stuff to make the car faster. Rather have it looks nice. And good sound.

But wouldnt it be even nicer to have a nice looking car to brag about AND have something under the hood to impress people with? I say spend some cash on both; do a few appearance upgrades and a few performance upgrades.

I think I know what he's talking about. It's nice to drive around in a good looking car, one that's perhaps a bit aggressive looking. If I were you, I would slap on a body kit then. Get it repainted with a finishing clearcoat at a body shop. The body kit will have to match so you might as well go that route. Get a stock spoiler put on. Any other type will be a little off for it. Remember that the spoiler really doesn't do any good unless you're going more than 140mph, or something like that. Anything under, doesn't really create any benefit--just looks.

If I were you, get a new grill for the front end too. The new body kit may come with a new style front end including grill anyways. HID projectors is a PLUS. A nice 17" wheels would finish it off. Repaint the car like a metallic blue or whatever color you like.

Yes, I agree that those huge ass spoilers are rice beyond the rice field. I'm sure there are other design or type of spoilers that are the same height as the stock spoilers out there somewhere that looks really good. The stock spoiler is ok, but looks kind of plain. I really like to emphasis the body kit with a nicer, more aggressive spoiler but at the same time, not make it big like those stupid 2' high spoilers and spans out 6' wide. The spoiler on those Scion tC's look really good, for those of you that seen it.

Add an intake for the hell of it. Go around with that shhhh sound. A simple exhaust upgrade would be ok too. You're just improving the car's breathing.

Something like this, but without the stickers and graphics. I love the rims on the bottom link.

HONDA21.JPG

HONDA22.JPG

HONDA24.JPG

If you don't like the spoiler, it's an option. You know what? Don't even put one on there. I've seen a lot of Corolla S without spoilers and they look damn good. It's the trend now. More people are going for the "no-spoiler" look.

I would add things to the motor but the thing is automatic and a manual civic would just rape me it wont benefit me as much. Plus its Non Vtec

Mine is an automatic too and it hauls big time. But non-VTEC heads? Well, just add on the body kit and rims. The intake is still cool to have though because of the sound it makes :p

Or just leave it the way it is, save up for a better car in the future like the 06 Civic SI VTEC.

Nah no body kit that owuld just make it a ricer maybe a lip first thing i bought for it ordered was a 5000k HID's it will look kool at night, next im thinking SI stock OEM fog lights ill posta pic on how they look ina sec

I like to get HID's for my car too but they cost over $800 for the conversion. That's just parts too!! It looks super nice and I wish I had them. Comes with ballists, bulbs, and the headlight assembly with some wiring.

TRDCorolla said:
I like to get HID's for my car too but they cost over $800 for the conversion. That's just parts too!! It looks super nice and I wish I had them. Comes with ballists, bulbs, and the headlight assembly with some wiring.
I just got the bulbs

Back
Top Bottom