About darkblade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wombat said:

Well If I abuse my moderator priviledges by banning a user who has multiple accounts (9 NINE). I am quite prepared to post the usernames here, plus the ip addresses to show that there was no mistake in banning said user.

This user had used another user account to PM David Lindon, asking to come back off a permanent banning.

I do not really mind, I will show you what some users will do to circumvent the rules to get there own way. This shows the lack of moral fibre that this person has because he cannot accept the original ban, which escalated into the permanent ban.

That's what I was talking about when I said that suspension means you can't explain yourself! That's why there were so many new accounts. It was not a circumvention of the rules - it was a plea for people to understand what was going on. Lurks said that no user has been banned without warning. Well, I wasn't warned. I was banned with NO WARNING WHATSOEVER. I honestly didn't think that what I did would cause a problem, but a mod felt differently and not only deleted the post, but banned me without giving me a chance to explain and/or appeal.

I know creating all those accounts was lame, and I prefered not to do it, but it was the only way to get my point across to people who were under the impression that I had committed some unholy crime. If I didn't create another user account, I would still be banned. So forgive me for fighting against an injustice. All I wanted was to be back on the forums, and the mods did nothing but turn a deaf ear. I finally asked David, and he has allowed me back on - an act for which I am greatly appreciative.

All I'm trying to say, like in my original point, is it feels like the mods are a bit too quick on the trigger. There is no message informing you of what the problem is. No chance is given to explain or rectify the situation. Now if a written rule includes a punishment, that is acceptable as everyone should be expected to read and follow the forum rules, but if a rule doesn't really apply, or if it's in a gray area, there should be a bit of leniency. At least a chance for the poster to explain and say "Sorry, I didn't think it would offend, but I can understand your decision. I'll remove it immediately." Done and done. If the poster does not comply, however, that is when more strict methods can be employed.

EDIT> Just to clarify, I want to make sure that all of you know that I'm not holding a grudge. What happened is done, and I'd like to think that you all feel the same way. I'm just trying to use my personal experience and observation to help improve the forums.

Maybe their should be a part in the rules about banning. like the first warning you get a PM, second a week off, third banned. if it was setup like this it would give ppl a chance to correct their mistakes and grow up.

We do have a warning system,
we do have many rules threads.
we do post warnings in threads,
and we do send PM to members asking them not to do things wrong.

Mostly all we get back is abuse from the members that they will do whatever they like.

DB was warned about his bashing of products,
You yourself (Dishdog) pointed him to the rules thread about product bashing. I pointed him there again and even quoted the post in a thread...

He kept up with the product bashing and was consiquently banned...

He's come back now and continues to make rude assuming posts, he continues to speak ill of products and people... continues to pick fights...

seems he just really likes the account disabled tag under his name?

DarkBlade said:
I must say, www.notebookforums.com is MEAN. They ban if you diagree with a MOD about a piece of technology, like I got banned for saying Alienware is a bit overpriced and you pay for the name.
Regarding the rules at the notebook forums, you pointed out that you alledgely got banned for bashing Alienware. Below is a quote from that forums rules...

If the thread had any deceitful self promotion or bashing of a competitor from a reseller acting as a regular member, we remove it and the member doing it. It could be the one who started the thread or a reply in the thread. If the thread even looks like it's self promotion, has the potential to turn into self promotion, or here to plug/bash a company we may remove it. We do not want to open the doors for resellers to use the members like a meat market. This is not a reseller review site since we have no means to validate all the praises and complaints from the companies mentioned if they are really customers.

Go to this link for further info on the rest of the rules at Notebookforums...
http://www.notebookforums.com/showthread.php?t=91776

Edit:Typo... :p

DarkBlade said:
I must say, www.notebookforums.com is MEAN. They ban if you diagree with a MOD about a piece of technology, like I got banned for saying Alienware is a bit overpriced and you pay for the name.

Just a personal observation. I read the rules over there and they are not "mean" but straight forward and blunt. I think there was more to it than just that comment...

root said:
We do have a warning system,
we do have many rules threads.
we do post warnings in threads,
and we do send PM to members asking them not to do things wrong.

Mostly all we get back is abuse from the members that they will do whatever they like.

DB was warned about his bashing of products,
You yourself (Dishdog) pointed him to the rules thread about product bashing. I pointed him there again and even quoted the post in a thread...

He kept up with the product bashing and was consiquently banned...

He's come back now and continues to make rude assuming posts, he continues to speak ill of products and people... continues to pick fights...

seems he just really likes the account disabled tag under his name?

Oh, I see.. I bash people then? Hmm, interesting tid bit root... I THINK NOT. I bash products, you are right, and will CONTINUE TO DO SO with my evidence that YOU cannot fight back. Ban me if you CAN, but according to the rules, with evidence backing the bashing, you CANNOT. So go right ahead, I am smart enough to come up with evidence against certain products. You cannot fight the ultimate weapon, KNOWLEDGE.

setishock said:
Just a personal observation. I read the rules over there and they are not "mean" but straight forward and blunt. I think there was more to it than just that comment...

ANd I hate to double post, but, NO, I mentioned Alienware ALX's being OVERPRICED and I got banned. Craig is a RUDE MOD, this was like 4 months ago as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom