Go Back   Computer Forums > Welcome To Computer Forums .org > Social Lounge | Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-22-2005, 09:35 AM   #21
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: 99nasha in the flesh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99nasha
I was lucky enough to fire one at the range from 400 meters .303 rounds give a serious kick. The SA80 recoils upwards and you barely feel it, (SA80's have 5.56 rounds) But my god does the lee enfield kick. It uses 7.62 rounds (or .303 inchs) which are massive. I only had 5 and couldnt move afterwards. Its evil...No wonder it was taken out of service. I only got to fire it because I was the most experienced NCO at the range...

I never used lee enfields for drill, we used the cadet GPs, or the watered down version of the SA80
Yeah, we only got to use the extra weapons because we were police, we used to patrol with Stens & dogs, it was a secure radar site in Lincolnshire.

On one occasion, back at the barracks, we had about a dozen officer cadets, billeted in a hut, on the square, I was going off duty one evening & there was an unholy din coming from their hut, I went in, & told them that if they didn't shut up they'd be reported to the commanding officer, which could result in them being taken off the course, & not have a chance to become an officer.........deathly silence, not a peep out of them until they finished the course, & left.
__________________

Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2005, 09:53 AM   #22
Fully Optimized
 
99nasha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,995
Default Re: 99nasha in the flesh!

I love having power Great fun!

Yeah, isn't it, I get a real buzz, kicking some Yanks off-site, they are 95% of trouble on CF,..........no offence to the remaining 5%!

Maurice
__________________

99nasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 01:09 AM   #23
In Runtime
 
extendcradle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 276
Default Re: 99nasha in the flesh!

Congrats man,how I wish to experienced such things. So what's next?
extendcradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 03:24 AM   #24
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: 99nasha in the flesh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by extendcradle
Congrats man,how I wish to experienced such things. So what's next?
Next, just carry on as befoe.
My brother was in the Phillipines some years back, I'll tell you the whole sad story if you like, how come you are out there, working, or born there, if you don't mind me asking?
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 07:43 PM   #25
In Runtime
 
extendcradle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 276
Default Re: 99nasha in the flesh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice
Next, just carry on as befoe.
My brother was in the Phillipines some years back, I'll tell you the whole sad story if you like, how come you are out there, working, or born there, if you don't mind me asking?

I was born here. Yes of course you could tell your sad story.
extendcradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 03:03 AM   #26
Golden Master
 
Brookfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,056
Default Re: 99nasha in the flesh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by extendcradle
I was born here. Yes of course you could tell your sad story.
Well, it's a bit complicated, when our parents died, my elder brother couldn't stand living in the same house so he took up lodging with a family of Phillippino's, is it OK to call them that?, but they were a bad lot, he told them he got 25,000 for his house, in no time they had convinced him to "invest" all of it out there, to build a hotel, of course there was no hotel, & he lost every penny, before he knew that, they got him to fly out, & marry a 16 year-old native girl, he was in his 60's, this was of course to get his money, once they had it, they had the marriage annulled, he had nowhere to live out there, little money for food, & slept under huts.
I got a phone call from the Home Office, telling me that he was stranded there, & needed 600 for the airfare home, I sent it, telling him I wanted nothing more to do with him for being a fool, & wasting all that money, well I heard no more, then a few years later, I found that he had died two years before, those people had kicked him out, & he ended up in a cheap apartment, where he broke his hip in a fall, then died of lung cancer, I went to Portsmouth to find his unmarked grave, & had a headstone erected.

He brought it all on himself really, because he was very gullible, & am so sorry it happened like that, as I said, a VERY sad story.

Maurice
Brookfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 11:33 AM   #27
The Candyman
 
~mr mixx~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 11,310
Default Re: 99nasha in the flesh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99nasha
Well here you go, due to popular demand here I am!

This was wing training day and I had to receive an award of wing commandant chitty. Rather nerve wracking since he's the head of air cadets, for the whole country. Well there you go...Ill go post this in the member photos then


Nice pic man, we finally see you without your motorcycle helmet on..Now you should copy this thread into the member's photo thread..
__________________
" Let the music move you "
~mr mixx~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 08:04 PM   #28
In Runtime
 
extendcradle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 276
Default Re: 99nasha in the flesh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maurice
Well, it's a bit complicated, when our parents died, my elder brother couldn't stand living in the same house so he took up lodging with a family of Phillippino's, is it OK to call them that?, but they were a bad lot, he told them he got 25,000 for his house, in no time they had convinced him to "invest" all of it out there, to build a hotel, of course there was no hotel, & he lost every penny, before he knew that, they got him to fly out, & marry a 16 year-old native girl, he was in his 60's, this was of course to get his money, once they had it, they had the marriage annulled, he had nowhere to live out there, little money for food, & slept under huts.
I got a phone call from the Home Office, telling me that he was stranded there, & needed 600 for the airfare home, I sent it, telling him I wanted nothing more to do with him for being a fool, & wasting all that money, well I heard no more, then a few years later, I found that he had died two years before, those people had kicked him out, & he ended up in a cheap apartment, where he broke his hip in a fall, then died of lung cancer, I went to Portsmouth to find his unmarked grave, & had a headstone erected.

He brought it all on himself really, because he was very gullible, & am so sorry it happened like that, as I said, a VERY sad story.

Maurice

That was sad.I probably agree that certain people could do those miserable things. Did they investigate for these thing? Because I didn't even saw it on newspaper or TV news. What did the ambassador to the philippines do?
extendcradle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:32 PM   #29
Daemon Poster
 
Osak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 821
Default Re: 99nasha in the flesh!

Sorry to hear about your brother Maurice, could you guys send me a link to more information about the Air Cadets? thanks!
__________________
Macbook Pro 2.4ghs Intel Core 2 Duo, 4gigs ram

Mac Pro - 2x 3.0GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon , 4x2gig 800MHz DDR2, 2x 1TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/s, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 512MB
Osak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 07:47 AM   #30
Fully Optimized
 
99nasha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,995
Default Re: 99nasha in the flesh!

Yeah dude! Where do you live?

You can find your nearest squadron from here

http://www.aircadets.org/map_test.htm
__________________

99nasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0